How to make chicks happy for under $10...**Pics**

Cetawin

Rest in Peace 1963-2021
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
NW Kentucky
well first, you start off by giving them breakfast of a hard boiled egg...

HPIM2682Small.jpg

Then you run to the local feed store (trying to avoid those cute baby duckies) and get a horse grain feeder for 6.00 and come home. Fill new feeder with some wonderful red clay from the yard and some Sweet PDZ and give to the girls to examine...

HPIM2686Small.jpg

HPIM2688Small.jpg

Then it is BATH TIME!!!

HPIM2689aSmall.jpg

HPIM2690aSmall.jpg

Trying to bathe in privacy while someone else is looking for a spot in the tub...

HPIM2691aSmall.jpg

End result.... happy, bathed, singing girls.

Yay...I did good!

Quote:
It is a horse stall deordorizer that is all natural and safe...it promotes a healthier respiratory environment. I got 50# for about 12.00 in the powdered form. Speckledhen uses it for her chickens too.

http://www.sweetpdz.com/

here is the specifics on use with chickens...

Chickens

Chickens have a lot of benefits, but they are by no means the neatest of barnyard animals. In fact their coops, hen houses and pens can get really stinky. Sweet PDZ is the answer to your smelly, dropping filled coops. Sprinkle Sweet PDZ liberally where the birds make their mess. Reapply regularly on the most frequently used roosting areas, and you’ll be well on your way to a healthy, safe and pleasant smelling chicken house. Sweet PDZ also makes it much easier to remove the droppings when cleaning out the chicken’s house. As an added benefit Granular Sweet PDZ can be safely eaten by the birds and used by them to grind their food. Clean smelling chickens = healthy chickens.

You are welcome. It comes in granular and powdered. Since we have red clay here, I got the powdered so the girls could bathe easier.
wink.png

Happy chicks!

Cetawin, your Sandy has the same coloring as two of my EE's, Mia and Susannah. Don't you just love that combination of gold and grey?

I've been putting DE in a pan with sand and soil for my chicks to fluff around in. I just love how they seem to be luxuriating in being covered with dirt!

Back
Top Bottom