How to make my chicken stop laying egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a hen is healthy, she is going to lay eggs. If you try to force her to stop laying, you will probably have to use some method that will probably border on inhumane.

If the eggs bother you that much you can feed the eggs back to the chickens after they have been cooked. OR.......You could throw them in the trash.........or find a family that would use them.

Last edited:
Food pantries are ALWAYS happy to get eggs if you don't want them. That way, greatful hungry will have wonderful fresh eggs for them and their children and you won't have to be bothered with them.

Very good advice... I haven't done that as of yet because I have elderly folks that live around me that absolutely love the eggs, get a kick out of watching my flock and always remember to throw fruits and vegies over the fence to the chickens.. I think they get just as exited when I get more chicks then I do lol

Once in a while I'll come home to find 50 pounds of feed sitting on my back porch... I love my neighbors
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I volunteered once at a local animal sanctuary. They froze the eggs and then fed them back to the chickens or got rid of them. They didn't eat them and discouraged anyone adopting a chicken from eating them too.

I wasn't aware you could make a chicken stop laying eggs... nor want to? I have a pet chicken too and she lays eggs and all is well. You could always have someone incubate the eggs for you so you can have chicks from her or sell the eggs, I'm sure someone would buy them since fresh eggs are all the rage right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom