How to make my chicken stop laying egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckybaby

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 11, 2014
I have a bantam chicken who laid more than 30 eggs since 2 months ago (1 egg every two days). My problem is that, she doesn't want to be broody and also, it appears that she doesn't want to stop laying eggs. Is there any way to stop her from laying eggs, without injection and giving her something to eat or drink?

Last edited:
Oh, bl**dy hell!
barnie.gif
Right, that's it, I give up, I'm off!
smack.gif

Don't post a thread if your not going to have the maturity to contemplate the answers.

Jesus Christ, the world is full of "Possibilities" but clearly your too young to accept that.

As previously stated, you have had good advice from a lot of people, people who have been trying to TALK to you about Veganism, your health & chickens. There are really no more good answers to your questions!

This is a pointless thread since you won't accept any answers from people more experienced than you.

My last suggestion is "Give up the chicken keeping". Seriously. They are not toys to be manipulated at will to suit your "hobby". Because that is really all Veganism is. If Vegans were REALLY serious about making a real difference then they would not have children to add to the population.

But, sadly many Vegans & vegetarians (Although not all, there are still some with true morals out there) push their pets onto vegan diets that harm them, force their kids to be vegan / vegetarian & they preach about being Vegan or vegetarian to people who, quite frankly, couldn't care less & live in the real world where there is meat & vegetables & fruit. The list could go on & on & the matter is NEVER up for discussion because Vegans / Vegetarian's always know best, even when some of the bad truths lie right under their noses. Its no better than a cult when your attitude is wrong.

Even your parents have told you it is not healthy. Do you think they say it to be mean, because they have something towards eating meat? NO. Its because meat, fish & dairy is all part of a healthy diet.
You will end up ill if you try to live of calorie milkshakes & Vitamin tablets like you suggested, it won't make up for healthy balanced meals in the long run.

You should be glad your parents have been concerned about your health & you should listen to them more.

I hope this thread closes, its just pointless & ridiculous.

This is what you sound like:

"I have chickens, but don't want eggs"

Now, read it again & register how idiotic it sounds.

Let your chickens be chickens & stop this nonsense.

Its a good job your not my kid cause I tell you now, you'd get a right backhander for being so dense!

Last edited:
I consider them as my pet. If there is no way to make her stop laying eggs, that isn't detrimental to her health, then maybe I just have to seperate her from my rooster, or put her in a dark room, so that she receives less sunlight during daytime. I agree that it is unavoidable to harm some species of life, since humans don't have the technology to do it, and the desire to refrain from doing it.

Oh yes, lets isolate the hen and keep her in darkness so she wont do what comes naturally to her so a human can feel better..

That is abuse

If u want her to stop laying u can put her in a bucking of ice cool water tht should help but u do have to remember tht wht they do if the eggs are fettles let them be in there they don't get tht brudy untill they have a full nest bc In the wild most of them will die
Huh?

(I keep telling myself, "Back away from this thread..." and yet, for some reason I can't. It's kinda like watching a train wreck. I just can't help myself.)
gig.gif

Last edited:
If a hen is healthy, she is going to lay eggs. If you try to force her to stop laying, you will probably have to use some method that will probably border on inhumane.

If the eggs bother you that much you can feed the eggs back to the chickens after they have been cooked. OR.......You could throw them in the trash.........or find a family that would use them.

Last edited:
If you want birds as pets that do not lay eggs as frequently as chickens do, why not get a type of parrot? Then you wouldn't have to figure out what to do with the eggs.

I think eating fertilized eggs of chicken has no respect for the life inside an egg. I can't think of any other way. At least it is better than killing something. If I have enough broody hens in the future, then I can just put some of her eggs for them to incubate. Another solution might be to buy incubator. Wouldn't that be a better solution? I am just brainlisting atm, which means I don't have a final decision yet.

If you take the rooster away from her which has been suggested MANY times then you wouldn't have fertilized eggs... I do not care whether the eggs I eat are fertilized or not as long as they come from the hens I raise on my property.

You very well could incubate each and every egg your hen produces and sell the chicks or keep them... Go back and re-read each and every post, I did... It stands to reason you aren't more than 16 at the most. You have had some very very good advice but you keep arguing the same point over and over and over.. we get it, you don't want to kill potential life , your brainstorming on how to "fix" the problem wont work, regardless of what you do a hen is born to lay an egg almost everyday for several years. either do as another suggest and get an old hen or keep only roosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom