How to make my chicken stop laying egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laying eggs is just something chickens do, one of the many benefits of having them as pets. It's a sign that they are healthy!
lol.png
If you weren't interested in eating her eggs you could always give them to a neighbor/friend/family OR cook them for your chickens. Injecting her with something, I have never heard of and honestly sounds rather dangerous.

Well, that certainly makes sense. I mean, really, who wants chickens but doesn't want them to lay eggs?????
ep.gif
lau.gif

FYI, I want my chickens to lay fertilized eggs, only if they will incubate it. I am not the kind of person who takes care of chickens and then eat them in the future, or eat their fertilized eggs that they want to incubate.

Last edited:
FYI, I want my chickens to lay fertilized eggs, only if they will incubate it. I am not the kind of person who takes care of chickens and then eat them in the future, or eat their fertilized eggs that they want to incubate.

My hens lay fertile eggs all year round yet only want to incubate them once a year... It aint like I am taking and eating her babies..

My hens lay fertile eggs all year round yet only want to incubate them once a year... It aint like I am taking and eating her babies..

My point is that, in a fertilized egg, there are alive sperm and egg that can survive for at least few weeks in an egg. I just don't like the idea of killing something alive if it is avoidable. If it is unavoidable, or it is detrimental to the other living thing, then I think it is alright to kill it.

Last edited:
You do realize that a fertilized egg does NOT have a chick in it until AFTER at least 24 hours of incubation don't you.

A chick can't develop if there is no sperm and egg that is alive during the process of incubation.

My point is that, in a fertilized egg, there are alive sperm and egg that can survive for at least few weeks in an egg. I just don't like the idea of killing something alive if it is avoidable. If it is unavoidable, or it is detrimental to the other living thing, then I think it is alright to kill it. Maybe I will eat the egg or give it to someone else if the chances of hatching it is almost zero percent(because it is laid since at least several weeks ago and the sperm and egg might have died) and it is still edible.
Yes, after about 10 days or so, the chances of the egg developing into a chick are small. Actually, if you refrigerate your eggs right away, you're greatly diminishing the chances of the sperm and egg surviving, so if you do that, all those eggs are "edible" already. Honestly, though, you are not "killing a chick" if the hen has not been incubating them. It's not like humans who start developing right away. I guess you could say that the sperm and egg are dormant. So you're not killing anything. But, to each his (or her) own, I guess...

My point is that, in a fertilized egg, there are alive sperm and egg that can survive for at least few weeks in an egg. I just don't like the idea of killing something alive if it is avoidable. If it is unavoidable, or it is detrimental to the other living thing, then I think it is alright to kill it.

Nope, not even going to go there.....nope...not gonna do it...

To each his own and leave it there...walking away.....closing it out...
lau.gif

on the contrary, refrigerating fertilized egg right after they are laid increases the hatch rate of the egg once it is incubated. we refrigerate fertlized eggs when they are laid and collect them for up to 10 days before we incubate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom