How to Name Your Own Stock?

LilJoe

Crowing
5 Years
Jul 15, 2016
Missouri
The title basically says it, but I'm just starting out breeding and would like how you guys come up with such good names for your stock like:
Sensational Silkies by Black
Fanci Feathers

Any ideas would be appreciated! :)

I am trying to make my own breed, Black Sumatra x Buff Orpington x Buff Laced Polish x Golden Duckwing Phoenix. I was thinking about calling them American Grass Grazers. I know you are not creating a breed, I just thought I would throw that name out there, for ideas maybe. Good luck! Have a great day and God Bless! ;)

Well, I don't breed chickens. I do however breed fancy mice. My mousery is called Little Joys Mousery and I named it that because I would always say mice were like little balls of happiness. You can't be sad when you have a cute lil mouse on your hand.

So that's how I thought of that name. Don't know if it helps or not.

Well ackchually my gramma came up with it.... But I can help you out. What breeds do you have?

You could name it literally anything. I mean, look at greenfire farms! Or Apple for that matter. They just called it that because they liked the word. Maybe think of some of your favorite words? A few of my favorite words are cobblestone, lamppost, and snow. Not sure of that helps, but maybe it will get the gears turning.

Also, you want to keep it short. Maybe three words or less. Think about what your business will be all about. Do you want to be confined to one breed, or maybe branch out in different classes of chickens? Are we looking at the eggs or the actual birds? What is unique about the breed?

Shop around a while before you choose, because once you decide to put your name out there, it gets hard to change it.

Glad to know you like mine so well! :)

Well ackchually my gramma came up with it.... But I can help you out. What breeds do you have?

You could name it literally anything. I mean, look at greenfire farms! Or Apple for that matter. They just called it that because they liked the word. Maybe think of some of your favorite words? A few of my favorite words are cobblestone, lamppost, and snow. Not sure of that helps, but maybe it will get the gears turning.

Also, you want to keep it short. Maybe three words or less. Think about what your business will be all about. Do you want to be confined to one breed, or maybe branch out in different classes of chickens? Are we looking at the eggs or the actual birds? What is unique about the breed?

Shop around a while before you choose, because once you decide to put your name out there, it gets hard to change it.

Glad to know you like mine so well! :)
Im breeding FBCM and/or bantam cochins. (Just starting out)
My favoritos Word (s)? Ummm... "no" is my favorite word:lol: No just kidding. Id have to think about that one...

Big bloomer chickens LOL

...just kidding
I would say something along the lines of Hens in Jodhpurs, but those are actually skinny pants that flare at the top, so not the same effect as like bell-bottoms or something.
th (11).jpg
The neck color of a Marans is sometimes called 'flame,' maybe you could work something out of that.

French Girls would be funny for the marans, but I think not. French Hens might be better. Cadburys Hens, because they lay 'chocolate' eggs.

I'll have to think some more to come up with something.

Back
Top Bottom