How to post article?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by smcgill, Oct 1, 2014.

1. smcgill

smcgill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2014
    Easton, Massachussetts
    Hello
    I know how to do this much , ask questions and post responses even with pics!
    But how would one go posting an article ? about say "my coop build article" with pics
    How is it done?
    Thanks
    Sean

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    There are a couple places you can create an article. If you want to make a coop page article, stop by here and click on that blue tab on the left side that says, "Add a Coop Design".....https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops

Or if you want to write an article about something within your flock you have learned, how to treat some disease you had in your flock or why you love chickens SO much, you can make a members page here. Just click on that blue tab that says, "Add a Member Page".....https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/0/Member_Pages

[​IMG]

3. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    X2[​IMG]

4. tplaforest

tplaforest New Egg

Oct 22, 2014
    Not sure how this all works but this chicken/duckling newbe could use some help.... The chicken egg yolks are pretty pale... Is this a deficiency of some kind.... Feeding organic feed

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
  6. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Well, at the risk of once again impressing everyone with my stoopididity, I have a question and I did a search for the answer before I came here, I swear! I wrote an article today about our 3 week old chick, Scout, and his great adventure with frostbitten feet. In it I not only introduced him, but I also went into detail about how I treated it and how he's doing to this point. BUT, I foolishly forgot to add the word "Frostbite" anywhere in the title..[​IMG] So if someone else does a search for the same problem, they won't find the information.

"No problem." I thought. "I'll just go back to it and edit it, then update the link in my signature. Big problem! I can edit the text and the photos, but not the title. What can I do to make sure that what Scout and I are learning (the hard way) can maybe help someone else in the future? Thanks!

7. smcgill

smcgill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2014
    Easton, Massachussetts
    Usually you ask a Moderator and they are very happy to help you.
    Give the link and what you would like them to do.
    Good luck.
    Sean

8. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Thanks!

9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

@Blooie , did you get this worked out? We can edit article titles for you if you provide us the link and what you want the article title to be.

10. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    One of the generous-with-time-and-skills moderators took care of it, Nifty, thank you! I sure appreciate everything all of you do!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by