How To Raise A Rooster

well im trying to find him a home as he might be handsome but the ladies dont like him,things have calmed down since i re-homed chunk and lincoln is in a pen with a lady, the others seem to be getting on a little better , but i am just making sure they all stay people friendly, as ive had a nast roo and dont want another! my grandchildren can still pick these up
wee.gif
Well keep at it, your flock will soon be what you want.

Here is Buster 13 weeks, he is constantly changing his looks. His attitude is still of a child, afraid, but when it comes to food he runs to you. He will peck at my hand to drop the meal worms. No more episodes if flocking. Since his last try and me chasing him and catching him. Held the puffed up angry guy till I was ready to toss him back in the run. It seemed to scare him to be seperated from mom still. Now if I come near he stands off or goes about his business. I am sure he will try again as his teen age soon approaches. So far so, behaving and crowing from time to time.

Here is Buster 13 weeks, he is constantly changing his looks. His attitude is still of a child, afraid, but when it comes to food he runs to you. He will peck at my hand to drop the meal worms. No more episodes if flocking. Since his last try and me chasing him and catching him. Held the puffed up angry guy till I was ready to toss him back in the run. It seemed to scare him to be seperated from mom still. Now if I come near he stands off or goes about his business. I am sure he will try again as his teen age soon approaches. So far so, behaving and crowing from time to time.
Well he is going to be gorgeous! I hope for your sake he behaves himself!

Different breeds learn to crow at different ages, I acquired a Heinz 57 rooster(Hodge) he was beginning to crow at 6 weeks. The girls of course let him know right away that that was just too much noise and world chase and peck him. His voice finally changed and now he's just fine. I tell my husband that Hodge sounds like am angel/. lol. Hubby doesn't agree.

Different breeds learn to crow at different ages, I acquired a Heinz 57 rooster(Hodge) he was beginning to crow at 6 weeks. The girls of course let him know right away that that was just too much noise and world chase and peck him. His voice finally changed and now he's just fine. I tell my husband that Hodge sounds like am angel/. lol. Hubby doesn't agree.
Pics please!!!!

I have three roos and four hens. I lost one hen to a hawk about two weeks ago. They are 11 weeks today. At what point will the dominant roo take over? There is one that is very isolated. The Hulk has always been kinda an outcast. Now he stays completely away from the flock. He is not getting picked on or bullied. Is that normal behavior?

Back
Top Bottom