How to raise poultry with neighbors?

I'm curious. How can you say you are "raising" or "keeping" fowl such as turkeys or guinea fowl if they are not even on your property, but instead you acquire them only to release them into a forest, where their (guinea's) screams can only annoy your neighbors? You will not be able to collect their eggs, or, as far as I can see, benefit from them in any way.

I'm curious. How can you say you are "raising" or "keeping" fowl such as turkeys or guinea fowl if they are not even on your property, but instead you acquire them only to release them into a forest, where their (guinea's) screams can only annoy your neighbors? You will not be able to collect their eggs, or, as far as I can see, benefit from them in any way.
If they roam deep enough into the forest, the screams wont be much of an issue. The crow flocks and dogs in my neighborhood are way much louder. because they tend to be right in my neighborhood. My turkeys yelp a lot but they do it in the forest so its not a big issue.

I love raising birds because of their beauty, instead of for eggs/meat. Guineafowl are one of my favorite birds because of their beautiful spotted feathers.

There's zero issue with harmless animals grazing on public land. Humans have been doing this for over 10,000 years now on every single continent
Yes, with permits. Ranchers who graze cattle in national forests or other public lands obtain permits for the privilege. They pay for these permits. The money goes to maintain these forests /public lands. They pay the salaries of rangers who watch for fires, enforce regulations against dumping trash, maintain access roads, search for people who get lost or injured hiking or hunting on the trails, etc.

Yes, with permits. Ranchers who graze cattle in national forests or other public lands obtain permits for the privilege. They pay for these permits. The money goes to maintain these forests /public lands. They pay the salaries of rangers who watch for fires, enforce regulations against dumping trash, maintain access roads, search for people who get lost or injured hiking or hunting on the trails, etc.
:goodpost:

I love raising birds because of their beauty, instead of for eggs/meat. Guineafowl are one of my favorite birds because of their beautiful spotted feathers.
This argument doesn't hold water. You can't enjoy their beautiful spotted feathers if they're in the forest so far away you can't see or hear them. Cage them on your own property until they are old enough to harvest their feathers, that's more believable.

You've had enough fun agitating strife here. I'm out.

:pop This thread for sure doesn't need me. But I hope that when you find out who owns the land, you post it. There is no chance that the land is not owned (city, county, etc.) It'll get pretty interesting when you have a conversation with the owner of the land.

Back
Top Bottom