How to say no...

Getting the prerequisite three camels in upstate New York could be a real problem as well.
wink.png

I would tell her that due to the religious beliefs of my chickens (they're Buddists...) I am unable to provide them for a Nativity scene.
smile.png

(of course, the people that know me well would be surprised to not get a sarcastic remark) I have noticed that humor tends to soften the blow of a negative response.

Here's a link to a place in New York City where she can rent trained animals.

Getting a collection of domestic animals, hauling them away from their homes, putting them with other animals they've never seen, and expecting them to stand around under lights while people come and look at them just sounds like a very bad idea. Animals are not toys or robots. They have personalities and some will be better behaved under those conditions than others. How would everyone feel if someone's "pet" donkey stomped to death someone else's pet lamb? Someone's cow kicked a chicken? A goat chewed up the manger?

It seems like a plan put together by someone who knows nothing about animals....

Quote:
Oh wow...
lau.gif
Actually, getting camels up here isn't as hard as you might think. I'm sure it costs a pretty penny, but my great aunt knows of an Amish community in PA that transports their camels for Nativity scenes. But I don't think I'll mention that...
th.gif

BorderKelpie, what you said cracked me up.
lau.gif
Not sure what religion my chickens would be though... They're definitely not Buddhists. They're too selfish for that.
tongue.png

MamaRoo, I kind of agree with you. I don't think the idea was thought over thouroughly and with consideration for all involved -- and they definitely did not ask any of the animals' caretakers before decinding, yeah, this is what we're going to do. They just up and said, we're doing it. They are going to try getting a donkey, sheep, goats, and ducks, and they want cows and chickens. All the animals you mentioned.

I'm going to put my foot down and say no... But maybe try to find some humor.

I agree that with Nancy Regan, just say no. And ask her if she wants kids acting up when a chicken poops on them, or on the Nativity Scene.

You do need to know who is going to be cleaning all the poo, because there is going to be a LARGE amount of poo with all those animals.

Back
Top Bottom