How to ship eggs?

9farmgirl9

Songster
8 Years
May 1, 2011
Jasper, Mo
I am not sure where this would go. But i sell guinea eggs and people want to buy them but they want me to ship, I have never shipped eggs before. Can some one Explain to me how i can do that without cracked and broken eggs, And a list of supplies Or what you do to insure that te eggs have a safe travel. thanks in advanced.

wrap each egg individually in bubble wrap. then put them into an egg carton. wrap the egg carton in bubble wrap and then put the carton in a box filled with packing peanuts and voila

Wrap each egg twice in bubble wrap. Guinea eggs are tougher shelled then chicken eggs but double wraping doesn't hurt. I put two layers of bubble wrap in bottom of flat rate priority box, size of your choice. The put the bottom half of an egg carton. Set each wrapped egg in pointy side down. Make sure there is bubble wrap lining the sides of the box. Once all eggs are in, pointy side down, stuff bubble wrap in to fill any gaps. Cover with two layers of bubble wrap, close box, attach shipping label. Send priority mail. I do not mark fragile on the boxes. If your eggs are packaged well enough, most of them will rid out any misshaps. I used to mark the boxs "fragile" "hatching egg" or " live embryos", and everytime the boxs looked like they had been drop kicked to their destination.

Lanae

I can tell you a few things I don't like to see as a customer -- 1) no dirty eggs -- a few specks are ok, but nothing coated in layers of poo and dirt. 2) Don't just wrap them in a single layer of newspaper or paper towel and thrown them into a box with a little crumpled newspaper. Someone did that to me this spring with goose eggs, not once but twice, the second batch as a replacement for the first batch that was so poorly wrapped AND coated with poo. When I confronted the vendor in an e-mail, she admitted that she didn't even gather or wrap/package the eggs, she made her 14 year old son do this chore and he hates doing it -- so obviously doesn't do a good job, just wants it over with. 3) If for any reason there will be a delay or other problem, please be proactive and let the customer know up front. The vast majority of people will understand. Don't hide and ignore e-mails that are becoming increasingly frantic because someone paid for eggs and now no one is shipping or responding.

Good luck. It's really not rocket science -- basically, as stated above, use multiple layers of protection. Personally, I prefer the "box within a box" approach with shock absorbing materials in between.

I bubblewrap each egg, so they are in a nice thick bubblewrap cushion. Then I place them down into the middle of shredded paper and put shredded paper all around the eggs to keep them cushioned and from moving. There are pictures on my website on how I pack.

Back
Top Bottom