How to STEAM eggs?

Quote:
I know! I'm going to be steaming eggs like crazy now! My neighbors might have to start buying grocery store eggs again...
tongue.png

I see, I actually love eggs but since I got my own chickens I don't. It grosses me out that I can see a bulls eye before being cooked and after. There is a boy out there and I don't know who. Also there is a lot of meat and blood spots and I use them still but only if I can crack them and get that stuff out. I use them a lot in baking.

These girls are turned 2 this spring and they need to be retired soon. They are not laying worth a darn. I am keeping 2 forever though because of their tameness. One is a buff orp. and one is an ee.

I get hard boiled eggs in 5 minutes boil time, I don't understand the time savings. If it makes fresh eggs easier to peel, awesome!

I cheat I have a Great Eggs Boil and Poach. I can "boil" 6 eggs in about 8min. or poach 2 eggs in about 5 min. It uses steam, very little water and the shells do come off so so easy. I poke a little hole in the big end put eggs in set it and forget it lol

Robin'sBrood :

Quote:
Why don't you post some pics of your chickens and find out which one the roo is. Is he young?

No they all turned 2 this spring. I was suppose to get pics of them on another thread and have not taken the time. I will do that today. I will try and find the thread on it. If not I will repost and put the link here for you so not hijacking this thread with my roo mystery.​

Learn something everyday, thanks for the info, I love hard boiled eggs and I bet I will like them steamed.

Back
Top Bottom