How To Take Better Photos Of Your Chickens

Pics
I always thought those numbers were associated more with ISO. You'd need a higher ISO (400) for inside because the lighting is usually much darker, and a lower ISO (100) for outside because usually it's brighter outside? I could totally be wrong though as I didn't do much film photography other than with disposables as a kid, and one class in college. It's totally possible they were also color tinted some since you would generally use one outside, and one inside? Digital has been a thing since I was in junior high at least so I have much more experience with that over film.
Yes you are exactly right. But they also were color balanced to the light you should be using them in.... I left that off cause it wasn’t really talked about. But absolutely the ISO is specific to the speed of the film and it’s sensitivity to light only and doesn’t have anything to do with color.

it also happens that the iso films were typically color balanced to tungsten (indoor) and sunlight (outdoor). You could always choose between them but the average was tungsten at 400 and higher and sunlight under 400.

the color temperature of the film was also printed on the box but people really only paid attention to indoor outdoor ISO. I should have clarified!

I tried this with a pic off the internet, I think it turned out okay...I don't think too well. Any Constructive criticism?
1600991477797.png

chickenediting.jpg

Ehh, rusticish?:confused:
Start at the beginning again and first see if you have a slider adjuster for saturation. Pull that out a bit until it has a more muted tone. Then, add just a little bit of contrast, not so much this time. Then, you could use warmth or tone to add more pink and orange tones to the photo. Keep the adjustments less this time and play with those specifically, maybe you’ll get something more to your liking!

when you’re playing with adjustments that are beyond the normal, that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re bad. But, it’s nice to make sure you take a step back and see the whole picture. Sometimes while adjusting for one specific thing you like, you really alter another part of the photo beyond where you may want it.

for example in your adjusted photo, you were probably liking the tone on a specific part of the photo but the heavier adjustments muddy up other parts. I think personally the red birds in the adjusted photo are a bit dark and you don’t have any chance at catching detail on them.

To anyone else following along remember rules are also.... made to be broken. Sometimes THATS part of the intrigue. It’s all in what you want to put across.

I tried this with a pic off the internet, I think it turned out okay...I don't think too well. Any Constructive criticism?
FYI: It’s not allowed to download and post photo’s from the internet unless you are sure there is no copyright © on them. Only embedding photo’s (copy url) is okay.

Back
Top Bottom