How to Tell a Fertile vs INfertile Egg (Pictures)

Pics
Can anyone tell me if this is a fertilized egg? I was so excited to get our first egg on Friday !!!!! Unfortunately we didn't get to taste it bc my 3 yr old cracked it to let the baby chick out ... :/ Now I'm curious . Thanks!

It sort of looked fertile to me too but I haven't heard any crowing yet .... This is the longest waiting game ever!! I have a silkie and a white sultan. Are you any good a sexing them?

It sort of looked fertile to me too but I haven't heard any crowing yet .... This is the longest waiting game ever!! I have a silkie and a white sultan. Are you any good a sexing them?
Nope, but if you start a new thread and post pics here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this
someone may be able to tell.

A fertile egg usually has a sharp circle around the blastoderm...the 'bullseye'.
But the blastoderm can change shape and spread out on a non fertile egg....making it hard to tell.

I shot this great comparison in the skillet recently and meant to post it - a fertile egg and an infertile side by side....hope this helps... There is no glare on the blastoderm on the left egg or the white dot (forgot the technical term) on the right (which is present on all eggs as it is the female's genetic material).

Back
Top Bottom