How to Tell a Fertile vs INfertile Egg (Pictures)

Pics
Quick question..... I candles an egg recently laid and I noticed something floating in the yolk is it fertilized
I have seen blood/meat spots floating in eggs when candling before setting for incubation.
That's how they inspect eggs at factory farms and why we never/rarely see blood/meat spots in grocery eggs

PLEASE HELP
sad.png

Hey! I have some courtix quail, ( male and a couple of females ) and I want to throw some eggs in my incubator. It's April right now, so I thought I would start since it's getting warmer. I cracked open one of my eggs to see if it was fertile. I think it is. What do you guys think? And if they lay more, wouldn't those be fertile as well? Thanks!
I would say ..... yes, that's fertile....and yes, the others should be too, the boy is doing his job.

Hi,

First of all this is a great website and id like to thak everyone for the great information.
I've had chickens for about 2 years now but added a rooster just over a week ago. I want to try hatching my own and recently purchased an incibator.
Can someone tell me if this egg is fertile? from what I've read here i think it is but as a nooby i definitely could be wrong.

The image is clearer if you click on it.

Last edited:
Hi,

First of all this is a great website and id like to thak everyone for the great information.
I've had chickens for about 2 years now but added a rooster just over a week ago. I want to try hatching my own and recently purchased an incibator.
Can someone tell me if this egg is fertile? from what I've read here i think it is but as a nooby i definitely could be wrong.

I'd say, yes.

Hi,

Looks to be to me.

Thanks for the responses. There is a ring which is hard to see in the pictures. My concern is that it's quite small, does that make a difference?

Thanks for the responses. There is a ring which is hard to see in the pictures. My concern is that it's quite small, does that make a difference?
No, not really, was the egg very fresh?
On eggs a few days old it may be larger.

Last edited:
Recently took photo of an egg that is obviously fertile; it was one of two eggs in the bowl. The other egg had a huge blood spot (well, it was a pool of blood, really), so it was the subject of the photo, but I noticed the other had a very definite bullseye. I can't recall whose egg this is with the bullseye, but they have not been free ranging a lot due to tons of rain and wind, which shows in the yolk color. But, some are very orange now with warmer weather and grass growing all over.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom