How to Tell a Fertile vs INfertile Egg (Pictures)

Pics

Hi,Do you think think this egg is fertile or infertile? We have a young rooster that trying to have a go just wondering if he is getting the job done yet:) Thanks

Hi,Do you think think this egg is fertile or infertile? We have a young rooster that trying to have a go just wondering if he is getting the job done yet:) Thanks
Hi and
welcome-byc.gif

It looks fertile to me! Here are some good examples of what is and isn't.
LL

Thanks, great pictures and very good explanation. Just checked one of my eggs and there fertile! I was concerned as my hens have only been laying for a month. The first batch of four eggs we put in the incubator aren't looking good :(

Wahoo! I look at the yolks every time I crack an egg for breakfast, and so far my young cock is getting the job done. My EE hen lays lovely blue eggs. Maybe I'll try hatching some of her eggs. Fun stuff.

I would love it if our hens would lay blue eggs. Does the hen have to blue earlobes to lay blue eggs? I have a pretty white silkie with blue lobes. She isn't laying yet but I'm hoping to see blue eggs from her.

Nope. My EE has white lobes. It was explained to me that the blue gene is dominant. An EE has at least one parent that has a blue gene. Normally an Ameraucana, but could be a cream legbar. The blue gene makes the blue egg.

Im just starting, so I try to stay really simple for myself! :D

Back
Top Bottom