How to tell Bronze from Royal Purple Guinea keets

There's only a slight difference, if any... (my Bronze keets usually have a darker tint on the wings that are normally pure white on Royal Purple keets), and usually they do not show their Bronze coloring until they are 6 months old or older (until then they just look like a Royal Purple).

Bronze Keet:
201004111607044bc25618c24ab.jpg

Royal Purple Keet:
201004111611474bc257331fde4.jpg

Bronze and Royal Purple Adults (same age, approx 1.5 yrs old, Bronze on the left):
201003051421124b9175c86ee8c.jpg

I bought 4 keets about 3 months ago and 2 are slate and the other 2 are supposed to be Bronze. Do you think they are?
I will post a picture of what they look like now in the morning.
102830_imag0221.jpg

Kind of looks like they have an even darker shading over the top of the shoulders than my lil guys do
smile.png
Guess only time will tell, maybe by the end of fall they will have their Bronze coloring!

Quote:
One of them died about 1 1/2 months ago.
sad.png

But I was looking at the other one today and it has a little bit of purple on him...do the Bronze have a little purple?

Yes the Bronzes will have the purple sheen until they are older. Sorry you lost one of yours
sad.png

I'll see if I can sneak some pics of my Bronzes tomorrow. They are all mad at me right now because I have been taking their eggs every day and not letting the Hens go broody this year, so they all hate me and yell at me all day long, except at feeding time
lol.png

Nope, can't tell if it's a Bronze or not yet, way too young. Like I said, they usually don't get their Bronze coloring until they are at least 6 months old. To me my Bronzes just look like sun-faded Royal Purples, but other breeders swear up band down that it's Bronze
idunno.gif

And no, I can't tell what sex it is at that age either. If you've heard it "buck-wheating", then it's a Hen.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom