how to tell how old americanas are!!!!!?????

Here's mine at 9wks
83386_167.jpg

Here she is a few weeks younger. They grow fast!
83386_022.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I can't see these so I'll quote them and maybe they will show up. I'm thinking they aren't FULLY feathered. Have you looked under their wings? I (inexperienced) called mine fully feathered when they had all head feathers, and underwing feathers etc. Is that thought wrong? Anyways, they get a lot of feathers just in the first weeks, it's nuts.

Quote:
I love this pic - looks like they are commuters! Pretty birds!

It's even funnier when you compare to the 3 day old pic because they are almost in the same places so easy to compare the before and after.

Quote:
I love this pic - looks like they are commuters! Pretty birds!

Thanks...they are funny little chicks..very personable.

ok i figured out how to put the pictures of my chickens up. i am guessing they r around 3 weeks and today i seen there little combs are coming in and their tail feathers are getting big but these pictures are from a few days ago. thanks for all the help and great pictures eveyone
smile.png

87866_chickens2.jpg

87866_img_20110526_073420.jpg

87866_img_20110526_073451.jpg

87866_img_20110526_073455.jpg

thanks for all the help. they are growing so fast. i hope they will transition to the coop easy. i have eggs that are in the incubator and thet are on their second day so i hope everyone will get a long fine. any tips to put them together when everyone is up to age? my amerucanas are really fisty so i am worried about putting the silkies with them.

Quote:
How in the WORLD did u get those adorable cuties to stand there like that long enough to take a pic?????
ep.gif

they are really funny....they didn't move at all during the shoot. i think the camera click mesmerized them.

Back
Top Bottom