How/where do you store your feed?

I also keep the feed inside in the pantry - lined up next to the cat and dog food. We only have 4 hens and I have to walk right past it when I go out to feed them anyhow...

I think it odd I've not seen a raccoon in this NH river town and in over a year of having chickens here the skunks haven't gotten into the feed bins. We use a few blue tote containers with non latched tops stacked on the deck.

Quote:
Consider yourself lucky the racoons have not come around. They got decimated back about 15 years ago when rabies came up to the northeast from down south. We are just starting to see them repopulate here. Used to have to bungee the garbage cans, and they would still knock them over and try to get in. Its been nice not having them around for a while.

We are in the woods and have tried the rubbermade and poly type trashcans with lids. Critters eat thru the can to get inside. So now we have the metal trash cans with matching lids and no problems.
smile.png

Raccoons have chewed holes in our rubbermaid garbage cans holding cat/dog food in our garage, so we opted for the 20 and 30 gallon metal trash cans in our locked coop. Oh by the way, we keep a 10 gallon metal can with a locking lid on our front porch to contain our cat food, and 2 weeks ago a raccoon got into that one, so it is now in the house.

Back
Top Bottom