How would you get rid of coyotes?

Great pyraneese are terribly inefficiant for anything but big farm, as they eat way to much can't take heat, way to slow, want to wanter at ambling pace to get exercise and if can't get fatter lazier slower then heat stroke more easy. Seen and continue to see so many abandoned, abused and rehomed as they run with packs as usually kept alone, wander and don't protect flocks, and even greatly are stock killers themselves, especially chickens as they see them as snacks and toys that are easy targets. my collies have herded them up routinely right with flocks after the GPD have broken out and wandered acres to miles away. Breeds I've listed as best seen, also will herd up in safe area when danger around, and bring back strays from flock. so herding them back home/keeping home seems prefferable to dog that has no bred in boundries and can lead astry and go through electric fencing as easy as go through others. ive never needed fences with collies or sheperds, just leash train to perimeter, and teach recal and no if or when they try to go past. fyi other land preds and coyote can get easily over anything but nine foot fence high, that isn't buried four feet deep as well. my collies (one was border/pit), pluck BOPs out of air.

All my dogs are rescues, though told my training and experiances have made me more alpha and make dogs listen better to me in retraining. I'm not claiming its all natural, as was taught so much by many different professionals that had whole lives of training and experiance that i tried to take at least some in. I've had many mixes and pure breeds and shepherds then collies were always best, easiet to retrain, and retained and kept that knowledge as quick and eager to learn and want to please. My dogs are all trained not to bark unless told to "watch em", or alerting me with qiuck sharp bark. most don't know i have dogs. my rough collie and german sheperd are naturals and honestly haven't had hardly any training. current dogs: Rough collie rescue at three weeks, and now over three years. german sheperd at fifteen years and just got middle of this month, and she was foul killing "farm dog", which means she was just fed and left to roam wild last five years at least. The GSD had learned just by poking her hard and quick, not to try to kill my cats and birds. Once or twice each is all it took (as she is well over hundred pounds and at time took in too strong to manhandle with my bad spine), now kittens and chicks gather around and on her to play and be warm and safe. .

My experiences with using burrows/donkey/mules. sicilian donkeys: quietest, tamest for people and flocks (seen with standard size foul no trouble, were large/standard donkey will kick or step on or bite), eat less feed, probly best for those that have neighbors, families/children, as easy to lead and move least likely to go stubborn (bad spine people like me will appreciate them and gentle nature more especially), and can be easily cart/wagon trained. it took me fifteen mins to halter and saddle break, and half to hour to cart break three of four of friends green sicilians they'd just got and had just been pets let to do as pleased only before), group of four what seen work best as theysurround the pack and close in and kick, stomp, and bite to death, or form wall between, or cluster around. Mules good for largest stock left alone only as wethers even can get mean and injure even cattle and horses, but one will kill pack of coyote or dogs. donkeys you need two of, as seen one get eventually taken down but two will leave horrible mess of k9s. keeping two of standards gives backup and lets them see as pair and establish territories. maybe why two mules get to aggressive and one will tear down fences sometimes..

Last edited:
Llamas are great and in my experiance a lot better than standard sized donkeys, especially mules. i think they smell more, and need to be sheered seasonally maybe (please correct me if im wrong), but actively and easily chase down a pack of any wild k9 and bite, and cut at and kick or stomp, them to death. they will seem to play with and maime a coyote long after dead if carcass is left there and seen them throw coyote pretty good for hight and distance both when alive and been dead for while. Older aquired ones may not take easily to new owners or dogs. their spit is great defense when aimed at to blind pred before attaching, not so fun when they arnt bonded or broke to you or your dogs.. always keep any guardian animal in pair (except mini donkey four works best seen). as they function much better that way, and often, especially in fixed even male with female pairs.

I have wanted a German Shepherd but I have always been kind of afraid they would bite somebody. I have elderly folks and kids around my place and you never know when somebody might stop by.

I have wanted a German Shepherd but I have always been kind of afraid they would bite somebody. I have elderly folks and kids around my place and you never know when somebody might stop by.
You have to get the right bloodline that has companion /service dog tempermant grand kid and great grand kids no problem here. You have to know the bloodline or know someone that does. I had GSD for 40 yrs.

IF you had not had G. Shephards Dogs do not get a harddrive bloodline its not for you.

Training GSDs not to bark and/or bite, is easy actually, first you socialize the dog and teach when and how to be protective from what. i teach my dogs to "take it" and "leave it", with toys treats food.. as then it becomes automatic for the dog to defer to me whether to take hold of anything and then also to release anything instantly upon command. I've had rescued pitts poisioned, so teaching a dog to take something only upon command holds greater meaning than just stopping a dog from stealing food, getting into trash, or biting some one.

Last edited:
Training GSDs not to bark and/or bite, is easy actually, first you socialize the dog and teach when and how to be protective from what. i teach my dogs to "take it" and "leave it", with toys treats food.. as then it becomes automatic for the dog to defer to me whether to take hold of anything and then also to release anything instantly upon command. I've had rescued pitts poisioned, so teaching a dog to take something only upon command holds greater meaning than just stopping a dog from stealing food, getting into trash, or biting some one.
That true too.

Back
Top Bottom