How would you get rid of coyotes?

You have to get the right bloodline that has companion /service dog tempermant grand kid and great grand kids no problem here. You have to know the bloodline or know someone that does.   I had GSD for 40 yrs.

IF you had not had G. Shephards Dogs do not get a harddrive bloodline its not for you.

Knowing the bloodline and temperament would knock adopting a dog from an animal shelter out. I have had several dogs, some calm and laid back and some at high speed constantly. I do prefer those on the laid back side.

My rescue rough collie is from show stock, and parents and grandparents were both bro and sis, who knows how far back bad breeding/inbreeding just for looks took place.. i lucked out taking runt that turned out pretty great, as first evening learned to go potty outside or on pad, his name (i choose odd seeming and hard to remember. and pronounce names for my guard dogs, as no one else should be commanding them but me and fam anyway), and told twice i think not to chew on my comp cord and showed great praise when then created reaction to what was shown good to chew on ect.

Training GSDs not to bark and/or bite, is easy actually, first you socialize the dog and teach when and how to be protective from what. i teach my dogs to "take it" and "leave it", with toys treats food.. as then it becomes automatic for the dog to defer to me whether to take hold of anything and then also to release anything instantly upon command. I've had rescued pitts poisioned, so teaching a dog to take something only upon command holds greater meaning than just stopping a dog from stealing food, getting into trash, or biting some one.
yes!

My rescue rough collie is from show stock, and parents and grandparents were both bro and sis, who knows how far back bad breeding/inbreeding just for looks took place.. i lucked out taking runt that turned out pretty great, as first evening learned to go potty outside or on pad, his name (i choose odd seeming and hard to remember. and pronounce names for my guard dogs, as no one else should be commanding them but me and fam anyway), and told twice i think not to chew on my comp cord and showed great praise when then created reaction to what was shown good to chew on ect.

Can you post a pic of your rough collie? I had three collies (two were mixes) when I was a kid. They were good dogs.

During the day dogs are the best answer to your coyote problem then at night you need to make sure they are secure. I have found the best dog to use are females. If you get them as a puppy and spay them before they go into their first heat they will naturally be protective of your property. I have three mix breed females that are so protective they even bark at the buzzards and crows that fly overhead. I live in the country and we have loads of coyotes and foxes and with 100+ chickens my loss due to predation is almost zero.

holy crap.......I don't know what else to say---if your seeing coyotes in the middle of the day--time to call the game warden--around here if you see them in the middle of the day --its one of 2 things---(she) is hunting for her pups---or either male or female is sick/rabid. during the approx. time we know that there is a possibility of pups, we don't bother them unless they bother us. I had a roo one morning that stood off a coyote--he was between the coyote and the hens who were are frozen in place(roo was a barred rock mix who stood a little over 2 foot high) you don't realize how big a rooster can make himself look when he is puffed out. needless to say--I let out the crackin' (misty, the german shepard) the coyote decided to be a tree and leave and that was the end of that.
You better be careful turning your dog onto a coyote, they are crafty and sometimes bait the dog to chase them into a group of waiting yotes. Your faithful dog won't win.

First off it's not dog it's dogs and it's three of them. They patrol the property and for the last three years I've not lost any birds to predation. Looks like my faithful dogs are doing pretty fracking good!
woot.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom