How you know when you've crossed into ChickenManiaLand....

MtnFamilyFarm

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 24, 2013
SC
Ok. I admit it - When I am going to be outside for awhile doing "chicken chores", etc. I don't exactly wear my newest Tshirts.....

So, when I needed to run to the store today before I had my chicken chores done, I changed into a non-chicken chore tshirt ... as I emerged into the livingroom my shocked 8 yo looked up and wanted to know why are you so dressed up??? .....

Or a few days ago when we made a temporary chicken run (on fresh grass) and had our chairs out watching the chickens explore (esp. when one found a big, fat catapillar) and our neighbor dropped by to say hi and greeted us with, "Well, I heard of people watching the ocean, or enjoying the mountain view, but NEVER sitting and watching chickens! LOL"

ChickenMania is here to stay at our house (and my chicken chore tshirts....) :)

Would love to hear other's ChickenMania stories!

Amanda

Im right there with you! I have a bench and two chairs by the coop/run. We watch our babies as they play:) Im a new chicken Mom so I maybe a little obsessed but they r sooo cute to watch. I have 18 they r about 3 weeks old just learning to forage. I will be there Im sure when they get all their glory feathers too. Theresa

Too funny....we had a social event to attend and I did my hair, put on makeup, and managed a spritz of perfume on my way out the door. When I picked up my husband he smiled and said, "Hey, you (I thought he was going to say, "look nice") don't smell like a chicken farm." I couldn't decide if I was flattered or not...and now I'm paranoid about smelling like a chicken farm!

Back
Top Bottom