Hubby Lost his job (again) RANT

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by NewHopePoultry, Mar 14, 2011.

1. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Crowing

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    This year has been bad already. My husband is a very hard worker and I love him for that. He hates not working.
    Well at the first of the year, he lost his real job and has been trying to find one. While looking he has been going through Temp Services.
    The Temp Service has been placing him at jobs that are only for a week or so at a time, instead of a 30 day min like they said they do.t He would work for about a week and then be jobless for another week. He has been driving to these jobs all over the area for like $7.50 an hour and hasnt said anything once even though it wasnt worth the drive.
    Well today they told him that they found him a new job, but its almost 3 hours away and the pay is only $8. He told him that he couldnt drive that far for that little of pay, so they told him not to come back and he could no longer work for them.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2011
  2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] Little do they know folks would have to uproot everything for little pay! Let them try it for a month and see how they like it??? You bet they won't!

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap

Do they realize that after taxes, he would be in the hole with price of gas???? How rude to say the least!!!!!

4. paddock36

paddock36 Crowing

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    [​IMG]

5. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Songster

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    That is such an irrational response from them! Boy do we live in a messed up world. I'll be praying he finds GOOD work right away.

6. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Crowing

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Thanks everyone.
    Its just so hard right now and hubby blames himself, but I know its not his fault.
    Jobs are so hard to come by. He works crappy jobs just so we can get by and then this happens.
    He loved his last real job, he worked with troubled youth, but the place closed down and since then he has been looking.

7. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    Oh my goodness - 3 hours away! Of course he wouldn't be able to drive home every night with the insane price of gas, and then he'd have to pay to stay somewhere. I am so sorry. What a shame. Especially since he is a hard worker. I wish you the best of luck! [​IMG]

8. I would call my congressmen and report them, this isn't right. You would have to be an idiot not to realize how ridiculous that would be. What an insult to tell your DH that . . .and if the congressmen didn't respond right, I would call again, and then I would go to the next level and the next level. If they did that to your DH, then they have done it to someone else. No wonder this country is in the shape its in. . .

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap

With gas almost $4 a gallon, he would need to make $16 to break even. That just STINKS!

10. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Crowing

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Thanks
    Ive heard that they have done this to other people, which is so sad.
    I think I will make a call or two

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: