Hubby said no more chicks

I have the opposite situation. I told my fiancee that I only wanted to incubate a few to replace some losses in our flock. He said "based on statistics in hatch rate we should do more than that". I only wanted 5 but I have 9 in the incubator now. And...all but one I know for sure are developing. So now I have 8 for certain babies on the way :lol:

My husband told me no more ducks and even got some of his family in on the "joke"...then he surprised me with plans for a 24'x24' duck barn with electric, plumbing, a temperature controlled incubating/brooder room, sperated duck runs outside leading to separate rooms inside for my breeders and table egg layers. It will be finished within the next 2-3 months!

I have the opposite situation. I told my fiancee that I only wanted to incubate a few to replace some losses in our flock. He said "based on statistics in hatch rate we should do more than that". I only wanted 5 but I have 9 in the incubator now. And...all but one I know for sure are developing. So now I have 8 for certain babies on the way :lol:
Definitely a keeper!

I don’t ask MDH if i want more chicks. But I do take it slow on chicken math (2-3 more at a time, I even did a few years with a status quo. And I build my own coops/extensions. So there is no reason whatsoever to complain. 🤣.
And sometimes. he even helps without asking. And he loves the eggs too. 💕

I don’t ask MDH if i want more chicks. But I do take it slow on chicken math (2-3 more at a time, I even did a few years with a status quo. And I build my own coops/extensions. So there is no reason whatsoever to complain. 🤣.
And sometimes. he even helps without asking. And he loves the eggs too. 💕
My husband called me outside to ask how I wanted to change up the coop! He’s a contractor and he and his employee were waiting for me to tell them how to make it better. I think he loves them as much as I do. Now I just need it to warm up so I can move my 6 week olds outside. March & April are so unpredictable in Canada! Hot and sunny one day, snow the next.

Here we have a saying March is stirring it’s tail. Meaning there can be a week with storm and rain but also great sunshine and warm weather. For April we have: April sweet can have a white hat .. or April does whatever he likes.

But frost during the day has come to an end now. The daffodils are blooming. 🌼 And early cherry blossoms too. 🌺 Upcoming weekend it’s time to prepare the nestbox for natural breeding. I hope 4 fake eggs will do the trick again. 🥚 🥚 🥚 🥚 If I have a broody next week I will collect 10 possible fertilised eggs.

Back
Top Bottom