Hubby shows lil' enthusiasm

cindylouNC

In the Brooder
7 Years
How do I get my husband to show more interest in MY new adventure ? I am trying to get my coop built and the run and he doesn't have the level of enthusiasm I do. Will his level bump up to my as we go along in the process ? How can I boost his libido for this project ? and chicken adventure ?

Thanks ya'll.......
hu.gif

I am not sure. My sweet heart has always been very clear - this is my hobby & he does not need any more hobbies.
roll.png
I find when he does "help" it is often less helpful than him just going about his business.
I am okay with it, and he enjoys the ducks & chickens & garden as a part of the house, but does not want to be more involved. It gives me a huge sense of accomplishment, and we have other things we do together - when he is not hiking, which he is - for the next six months.

Maybe once there is no building left to do he will become more enthusiastic.

I find that praise goes a long way. I thank my hubby before, during and after each project.
Also, I always let it be his idea to help. He's not the type to have projects forced on him.
I'm the type to do it myself if he doesn't help, but I know that he can do a much better job than me and I let him know that also. Every man is different. You just have to find what makes yours "tick" and then "tickle" it. LOL
Good luck.

You be the strong liberated independent self sufficient woman that you are and "get her done" yourself. After all, this is your passion and what is fun for you may be "just more work" for him after a long day/week/decade of work.

Either that, or you find out what time consuming project (or expensive new toy that you think is a complete waste of money) your husband wants . . . and you find a way to do both.

Probably not the answers you wanted but what advice did you expect from an actual husband! :p By the way, is it me or is there a dearth of males here?

James

PS Praise and sex, in addition to (but not instead of!) the above, are good ideas too.

That is what I was getting at James, but I am the Queen of playing down my point.
roll.png

I think the fact that I have just done it myself has been good for both of us, and he gets to enjoy my critters in his own way. I think if I tried to make him do more he would like them less.

And I'm the king of directness. LOL

While the subject of "how to make you man . . . (propose, marry you, want kids, buy you stuff, etc)" is a very common theme in some woman's magazines (at least the ype they leave in doctors offices) it isn't especially well received by most actual living breathing husbands and has been known to annoy us and backfire. :p

How do I get my husband to show more interest in MY new adventure ? I am trying to get my coop built and the run and he doesn't have the level of enthusiasm I do. Will his level bump up to my as we go along in the process ? How can I boost his libido for this project ? and chicken adventure ?

Thanks ya'll.......
hu.gif
New power tools! Dh always gets excited if he is getting some new gadget.

Back
Top Bottom