HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT - BYC SOFTWARE CONVERSION Tuesday 1/10/2012

My big concern is "Can HughesNet handle it or will I have to go take a nap between clicks?" The ability to use colors and huge fonts scares me as a satellite internet user. I just had to drop out of a Yahoo group when they allowed teenagers in who posted in huge multicolored fonts and the pages wouldn't load. Maybe people will reserve the use of huge fonts when they really need to scream. Or maybe high speed internet will become available where I live before I die. Nah.
gig.gif

Quote:
Good point Mary, and to add: My high speed internet can (NOW) be so slow on BYC as to drive me crazy...so will it get slower yet ????

Oh and thanks for the compliments, Diva !!

ugh, I don't have high speed either - the huge photos some people post are NOT worth waiting & waiting & waiting for. Big is not better. Wish some size limits were put into play. So ordinary users could keep up.

OK I have what is supposed to be high speed from Comcast. Still bit slow for me. I went back and forth on the same thread to see the difference. About 4 seconds with this forum and about 10 to 11 for the new one.

Not sure about the slower connections, but that's what I've figured out for me so far.

I just want to say.... As a stay-at-home mom whose kids are getting older, sometimes life can get a little lonely for me. My passion is caring for the animals that I am blessed to share this life with. To be able to meet and share stories and experiences with others who share my passion has meant more to me than even I could ever have imagined. I just want to thank any and all of you that have had anything to do with creating, maintaining, and updating this invaluable website. It is because of you that I no longer feel so alone in this world. Here I have found wisdom, laughter, friendship, and a real sense of belonging. My only wish is that I'd have found you sooner! From the bottom of my heart, THANK-YOU! I hope that all of you realize how truly special you are! My life is better because of you!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom