1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT - BYC SOFTWARE CONVERSION Tuesday 1/10/2012

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 7, 2012.

1. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Quote:They will be converted at a later date.

What is the time frame on that?

2. RS

RS Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2010
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    The primary reason I visit BYC is for the auctions as well. Sorry to see it go.

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    The auctions will still be there via some sort of work-around. They just won't be the proxy bidding we have now.

4. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    My big concern is "Can HughesNet handle it or will I have to go take a nap between clicks?" The ability to use colors and huge fonts scares me as a satellite internet user. I just had to drop out of a Yahoo group when they allowed teenagers in who posted in huge multicolored fonts and the pages wouldn't load. Maybe people will reserve the use of huge fonts when they really need to scream. Or maybe high speed internet will become available where I live before I die. Nah. [​IMG]

5. ChickenChaser34432

ChickenChaser34432 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2011
    At Liberty Farm
    [​IMG] This new format sounds and looks GROOVEY! But...is it going to be "Wii Friendly" as the Wii is my primary internet device.

6. Chickielady

Chickielady Spiritwood Farms Premium Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Raymond, WA
    My Coop
    Quote:OK, how will they work then ?

7. Chickielady

Chickielady Spiritwood Farms Premium Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Raymond, WA
    My Coop
    Quote:Good point Mary, and to add: My high speed internet can (NOW) be so slow on BYC as to drive me crazy...so will it get slower yet ????

Oh and thanks for the compliments, Diva !!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    ugh, I don't have high speed either - the huge photos some people post are NOT worth waiting & waiting & waiting for. Big is not better. Wish some size limits were put into play. So ordinary users could keep up.

9. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    OK I have what is supposed to be high speed from Comcast. Still bit slow for me. I went back and forth on the same thread to see the difference. About 4 seconds with this forum and about 10 to 11 for the new one.

Not sure about the slower connections, but that's what I've figured out for me so far.

10. animaladdictions

animaladdictions Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    East Tennessee
    I just want to say.... As a stay-at-home mom whose kids are getting older, sometimes life can get a little lonely for me. My passion is caring for the animals that I am blessed to share this life with. To be able to meet and share stories and experiences with others who share my passion has meant more to me than even I could ever have imagined. I just want to thank any and all of you that have had anything to do with creating, maintaining, and updating this invaluable website. It is because of you that I no longer feel so alone in this world. Here I have found wisdom, laughter, friendship, and a real sense of belonging. My only wish is that I'd have found you sooner! From the bottom of my heart, THANK-YOU! I hope that all of you realize how truly special you are! My life is better because of you! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by