HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT - BYC SOFTWARE CONVERSION Tuesday 1/10/2012

I can't wait for the change!
celebrate.gif

Out with the old; in with the new!

Quote:
This is how I've felt too. Since losing my husband, I don't know what I would have done without being able to be here with nice people. These days the animals and kids are all I have, so I love being able to come in here and pretend I have a life. LOL I'm happy that you like it here.

Quote:
Good point Mary, and to add: My high speed internet can (NOW) be so slow on BYC as to drive me crazy...so will it get slower yet ????

Mary, we're very sensitive to members abusing smileys, fonts, etc., so if this happens we'll take care of it on a per-user basis, and if we miss someone abusing fonts and colors in a bothersome way, please report it.

Regarding speed: Chickielady, you're a GFM, so go give it a try!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Wow, that's a super unique use case! I think we'll have to test that after conversion to know for sure.

Quote:
They will be converted at a later date.

What is the time frame on that?

No time frame right now... our main goal is to get make sure BYC goes through the transition very smoothly and then see what makes sense for the sister sites.

Regarding speed and performance: A lot of this depends on a lot of different factors. The new forum might be slower on dialup, but the biggest factor will be which browser and version you are on.

There will be some performance tradeoffs if you're on an older browser and slower connection, but improving performance across all devices is a big priority,.

I just have one very quick question - will it be possible to get all members ranked in order of post count? I've been religiously tracking myself on that list for months now, I would miss it if it weren't there.
lau.gif

ray's two cents :

I just have one very quick question - will it be possible to get all members ranked in order of post count? I've been religiously tracking myself on that list for months now, I would miss it if it weren't there.
lau.gif

You'll be able to see the top 10 of who posted the most in the last day, week, month, and all time, but I don't think there is a way to show all members together. I'll look into that.​

Back
Top Bottom