Huge crop/ slow crop problem! Please help!

I think she's backed up lower down now. It's time for the flush. How comfortable would you be with tubing fluids into her? The best flush is quite a lot of fluid and really impractical to give by just syringe.

The hardest part of tubing is finding the equipment. The tubing is super easy and practically fool proof. The easiest way to get it is to buy a tube feeding kit from your vet. I got mine for $3. Or you can get tubing from any friend or relative who uses oxygen and has discarded tubing lying around. But then you have to find a feeding syringe to fit the tubing.

Any where they sell aquarium supplies will have tubing. You only need about a ten-inch length. Many pharmacies give away syringes. But it still is more time consuming than buying a kit from a vet. So that should be you priority - get the tubing.

Tube feeding is the same as syringe feeding except you only need to pry open the beak and insert the tube once. That's what makes it so much easier than syringe feeding.

Meanwhile, you can try a simple molasses flush or a short Epsom salt flush. Do you smell any yeasty odor from her? It would determine is the Epsom would be better than the molasses.

Also, she hasn't pooped this morning other than the cecal, so it has been an hour and 15 since then.

I keep fish so I will try to find tubing, but I think it may all be used right now.
My vet for my parrots is very far away.
Let me go smell her right now.

The hardest part of tubing is finding the equipment. The tubing is super easy and practically fool proof. The easiest way to get it is to buy a tube feeding kit from your vet. I got mine for $3. Or you can get tubing from any friend or relative who uses oxygen and has discarded tubing lying around. But then you have to find a feeding syringe to fit the tubing.

Any where they sell aquarium supplies will have tubing. You only need about a ten-inch length. Many pharmacies give away syringes. But it still is more time consuming than buying a kit from a vet. So that should be you priority - get the tubing.

Tube feeding is the same as syringe feeding except you only need to pry open the beak and insert the tube once. That's what makes it so much easier than syringe feeding.

You could try a molasses flush right now. Give her one-fourth cup of warm water with one teaspoon molasses dissolved in it. She may drink it on her own. If not, syringe it into her crop like this.

Attachments

• 2E58EFC7-81BD-4ADE-88BC-5E00F907A388_1_105_c.jpeg
    2E58EFC7-81BD-4ADE-88BC-5E00F907A388_1_105_c.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 7
You could try a molasses flush right now. Give her one-fourth cup of warm water with one teaspoon molasses dissolved in it. She may drink it on her own. If not, syringe it into her crop like this./
okay, ill try giving it to her. how much does she need to drink for it to work? Will this help flush the rocks out?

she just pooped! its very dry, and has undigested grains (last time she ate grains was Wednesday), grass, and rocks.
im preparing the molasses mixture now

Attachments

• tempImageisOkAD.png
    tempImageisOkAD.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 6
  • tempImageXcmr8T.png
    tempImageXcmr8T.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 3
I found this aquarium tubing. It's rubbery and soft. Is that fine?
now im trying to find a syringe that will fit. Is printer ink syringes okay? im not sure I can tell the difference between used ones and unused ones...

Attachments

• tempImage4f1RYr.png
    tempImage4f1RYr.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom