Huge free sample of H&H soy free feed

GiddyMoon, contact me about a buyer's club, I'm also in Tucson, NW side. They definitely changed their free sample to a $10 sample. I don't see on their website that it is certified organic, though, did you?

Quote:
Desert, I am really considering ordering feed thru Azure Standards instead. There is a drop off location up off Camino De Oesta and Cortoro and it is much cheaper. I really like this feed..but I am not sure we can get it delivered at a decent price compared to what we already have here. Take a look at the Azure Standards website..you have to be a free member to see their prices..bu they are a great company.

Giddy Moon, I had been getting the feed from Azure, their soy-free layer and starter/grower from Magill Ranch. I don't think their feed has enough protein. Their starter is 19%, their grower is only 16%. I'm raising a lot of new chickens and they seemed starved for protein. This last order, I bought bulk from Modesto Milling. Their starter/grower is 22%, high enough that I can use it for my heritage turkeys also. They also have soy-free, although to save $, this time I only bought soy-free for my layers, not the growers, but it is all organic, so at least the soy is not GMO. Had to compromise somewhere, I had been feeding all soy-free up to now. I sent an email to Magill Ranch through their website with my feedback about the level of protein in their feed and never heard back...I like that Magill uses some animal protein in their mix, but apparently not enough.

Quote:
I use gamebird feed for my chicks it is a 30%. I can contact these people to see about it..but I don't know if their protein is any higher. I am more than happy to start a buying club if we find something someone is truly interested in. I do know they love the H&H feed.

Quote:
I just got a small amount too, about 1cup. It's OK cause it was just a sample. Came packed in a paper lunch sack rolled up and taped. Lol!
I tried the scratch grains. My only concern it that it is 50% powder. The few seeds and grains looked interesting, smell good too, but it's not anything I would pay for, IMO.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom