NewAtThis15

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2021
I have a run that is over 460 square feet. I live in the city, in Arizona, so it's pretty hot here and the amount of space isn't terrific. But my run had a pretty significant amount of grass and it's 100 percent gone. I have 12 hens, and at the minimum 4 square feet per hen, that's quite spacious. But there is nothing alive in my coop. I try to supplement with veggies and fruits occasionally, but is there something else to be done? Also, their coop is quite small. They barely squeeze in at night, with some hens on top of it and some to the sides. I didn't really acknowledge this until it rained cause I felt pretty guilty. On my laughable budget, should I somehow get another coop if they only use it for sleeping? Any other solutions/ ideas? I feel like these two problems are probably the source of my current issues right now (Hens are ALL sick. I think it's either respiratory or gapeworm, and am currently doing a treatment). But illness aside, these most definitely need to be addressed.

I feel like these two problems are probably the source of my current issues right now (Hens are ALL sick. I think it's either respiratory or gapeworm, and am currently doing a treatment). But illness aside, these most definitely need to be addressed.
How old are your birds, where did you get them, how long have they been sick, and waht are you 'treating' them with?

Pics of your coop(inside and out) and run would be most helpful here.

in Arizona
Oh and.... Welcome to BYC! @NewAtThis15
Here's how to add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1615644185434.png

Back
Top Bottom