Humans are the worst predators

Dec 6, 2019
Philippines
Last Night there was a blackout and the place is pitch black. I saw some Young men in my neighbor's mango farm. That mango farm is near my duck farm. I didn't know those men are not my neighbors, they use flashlights to steal mangoes and I never noticed they climbed my fence with barb wires and stole a pair of broody ducks which leads me with orphan eggs. They also stole some of my chickens. My dogs are indoor dogs and they are predatory to the ducks so I have no one protects them. I heard some of my neighbors lost their animals and produce too and the young men are armed with makeshift rifles.

Last Night there was a blackout and the place is pitch black. I saw some Young men in my neighbor's mango farm. That mango farm is near my duck farm. I didn't know those men are not my neighbors, they use flashlights to steal mangoes and I never noticed they climbed my fence with barb wires and stole a pair of broody ducks which leads me with orphan eggs. They also stole some of my chickens. My dogs are indoor dogs and they are predatory to the ducks so I have no one protects them. I heard some of my neighbors lost their animals and produce too and the young men are armed with makeshift rifles.

My husband picks on me because I padlock our pen at night. But this is exactly why. I’m so sorry you lost your ducks. 😢

Let's face it, majority of humans are of low IQ, they probably thought because of this pandemic we are going through...... that we are somehow supposed to act in a certain way, like in the movies. It's all part of this apocalypse scenario they are playing through in their heads for the thrill of it, as if it's a game to them. The human psyche never ceases to amaze me.

:rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant How can someone do that?! Did you call the police?
People can be so HORRID sometimes. A chicken-keeping someone that I know had 20 of their best laying hens stolen from their backyard when lockdown started by neighbors they knew well and got along with. They got 17 of the hens back, but the others died because they had horrible care from the neighbors and zero protection.
It's like, one moment you're all chummy and bringing over cookies, the next you are taking heartlessly at the first sign of trouble. I would never "climb over the backs" of my friends and neighbors like that. Even for my own sake. I'm not that kind of person.
Sometimes, I wonder what the world would be like if we all understood each other's struggles and hardships, our problems and our sacrifices. I wonder what the world would be like if we all cared about them, too.
Good luck with no one else stealing.
I'm padlocking my coop tonight.
Best wishes,
TheOddOneOut

*sigh* I do think there are some broken moral compasses in this world. I do not believe that anyone is a bad person or a good person, but there definitely good and bad decisions. I wish people could sometimes think about others before they make decisions like that.

I live a very peaceful life and want to be left alone...

...So peaceful that my nieces and nephews fondly call me Uncle Green because, well you can probably figure it out..

But I assure you this, encroach uninvited with ill intent on my little slice of heaven that I worked a lifetime to have and I will light up your world like the 4th of July...

This, I "manure" you not...

Last edited:
I hope you nail em!

Back
Top Bottom