Humidity issue in bator

Katt577

Chirping
9 Years
May 10, 2010
Wellsville, PA
I have a still air incubator. Temperature is set at 102.5 to keep temp at egg level 99.5. Humidity is holding at 55%. I have three days till my 11 eggs hatch and all the water wells are full. How to I increase the humidity at this point? Candled eggs yesterday and all are alive and well so far.

Attachments

• D9D5CAC2-1187-4774-84FF-75C4F5BDDB28.jpeg
    D9D5CAC2-1187-4774-84FF-75C4F5BDDB28.jpeg
    266.5 KB · Views: 5
I have a still air incubator. Temperature is set at 102.5 to keep temp at egg level 99.5. Humidity is holding at 55%. I have three days till my 11 eggs hatch and all the water wells are full. How to I increase the humidity at this point? Candled eggs yesterday and all are alive and well so far.
Do you have a calibrated humidity gauge and thermometer inside the bator?

What did you run humidity at until lock down? Any condensation noted on walls or window? Do your air cells match the chart based on their age? If you have not done the salt test with your hygrometer, and if you have not calibrated your thermometer against a known to be accurate medical thermometer, you can't trust your readings.

I think so. I just have what the incubator came with. It does show humidity and temp.
I know this sounds weird/dumb/wrong but trust me when I say you can not trust those numbers.
Next time you run the bator I highly suggest you purchasing seperate humidity gauge and thermometer and calibrating them both.

I would leave the water level alone for now.

You could buy 10 different hygrometers and thermometers. You could buy the cheapest or the most expensive ones. It would not matter what brand, what price. If you do not personally calibrate them, you can't trust them. Most of all, you can't trust the meters that come with your bator. Please read all of "Hatching Eggs 101" in the learning center.

What did you run humidity at until lock down? Any condensation noted on walls or window? Do your air cells match the chart based on their age? If you have not done the salt test with your hygrometer, and if you have not calibrated your thermometer against a known to be accurate medical thermometer, you can't trust your readings.
I am not so technical. I usually let the broody hens take care of incubation. Humidity until lockdown today was at 55%. Yes there is condensation on the top windows. Yes air cells match 18 days. I do not have a hygrometer, only what is built into the incubator. I did read the instructions for the incubator but they are not very clear. Especially with what to do with the 2 red plugs on the top. I left them in to keep in the humidity. Currently at 64%. How high do I really need it.

Back
Top Bottom