Hunched up duck.

It was adorable, this could just be his way of flirting, they usually start mating before they start to lay. So it probably won't be long. I'm thinking you need some more girls if you think she is the only one, they will wear her out in no time.
Not to worry, Monday I am picking up some more Anacona's and trading one of the boys for one of the girls ;)
Im hoping to come home with 2-3 more so that way the two boys wont over breed anyone. And hopefully the younger male will have found a home by then leaving Alphy the only male.

Not to worry, Monday I am picking up some more Anacona's and trading one of the boys for one of the girls ;)
Im hoping to come home with 2-3 more so that way the two boys wont over breed anyone. And hopefully the younger male will have found a home by then leaving Alphy the only male.
thumbsup.gif
look forward to hearing how it all goes. I know Alphy will be 1 happy boy
smile.png

Yes, definitely one girl there, possibly two. It's possible that lighter colored one is a boy and that's why he's keeping an eye on him and doing the tail and head wagging. There's a duck at my lake who just loves to that to the other males and that's how he begins his honk-whistle (by wagging his tail and head). It's kinda a competition between the boys. I've also noticed that he other black and white one likes to put himself between the girl duck and him.

Yes, definitely one girl there, possibly two. It's possible that lighter colored one is a boy and that's why he's keeping an eye on him and doing the tail and head wagging. There's a duck at my lake who just loves to that to the other males and that's how he begins his honk-whistle (by wagging his tail and head). It's kinda a competition between the boys. I've also noticed that he other black and white one likes to put himself between the girl duck and him.
I'm waiting for the tail feathers to grow in to see if there definitely boys, but with the raspy quacks I really think the two are boys 100%.
I'll make sure to keep an eye on him for a few weeks. He has been hunching up for three weeks straight now, i think if he had something going on he would have gone downhill by now?
So I'm going to go with hes just flirting and warning the other boys. Now that I think about it, he didn't start doing this until the boys were his size. Hu.
Flirting! I like that idea much better then horrible disease!

Sure looks like it, how's Alphy doing today?

Hes still doing the hunch up thing when he stands still for long periods. But hes still acting like always. No mucus, no raspy breathing or wet sounds in his lungs, and hes eating good.
*shrug* I think I might just have a wierd duck.

Back
Top Bottom