hungry chickens

DOEBOY

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 26, 2011
last night when I got home late about 11:00 pm I checked the chickens to make sdre they were ok and the door was closed. But I noticed that the food was getting low so went to the shed and picked up a 5 gallon of feed (crums and pellets ) that I mixed together. Carried the bucket to the coop so I would remember in the morning well I forgot. I got home today and asked the kids to let the chickens and the stampeed that came over the hill was amazing. The hens were all over the dog running her off and taking her food the dog walked off gracefully but the chickens went crazy after the dog food. I know they had food last night but are they really that interested in dog food. the normal routine is the dog and cats get fed in the am and the chickens free range in the afternoon about 3 pm. would it be wise to give them dog food as a treat if the scratch grain is out? Doeboy

CHICKENS ARE SO FUMMY. tHEY LOVE TO EAT FOOD THAT IS NOT THEIRS. oCC. TREATS OF DOG OR CAT FOOD ARE OK.
OUR FEEDERS CAN BE FULL AND THEM NOT EATING OUT OF THEM, BUT IF YOU PUT OUT ANY OTHER KIND OF ANIMAL FOOD THEY ARE ALL OVER IT, ONE GOOD THING IS THAT THEY CAN NOT OVER EAT. YOU HAVE A GOOD NATURED DOG, OUR CAT JUST SITS DOWN WHEN THEY MERGE ON HIS FEED AND LOOKS AT THEM LIKE "REALLY", BUT IF HE GOES TO THEIR FEEDER AND SAMPLES THE CHICKEN FEED THEY ARE ON HIM TRYING TO CHASE HIM OFF.

Back
Top Bottom