Hunting Discussion Thread-Hunters Unite!!!!!

Great thread.

I hunt here in France for red fox, roe deer and wild boar, both archery and rifle. We also hunt the migratory wood pigeons that come through the Pyrenees on their way to Spain. Hunting and trapping are big here. Last year I hunted geese and ducks in Sweden and Norway. It was my first time in Scandinavia and I really loved it. The waterfowl hunting in Sweden was just iike hunting in Alberta with big groups of Canada geese, a subspecies of Whitefront and a good number of mallards.

This year my hunting has suffered after I fell of my horse and broke my tibea badly. I managed some pigeon hunting from a chair, but I hope I'll be mobile enough to get my deer in December or January.

Good luck to everybody.

Pete

My older sister got a buck this year on deer season. My other sister shot a deer but it ran off with only leaving a little blood trail. I deer hunt a lot, every year. :) It's nice.

My son and I both hunt. I hunt mostly with a bow, recurve or longbow, and my kid with firearms only. This was opening day, 11/14/12. Both of us killed our best bucks yet. Mine with rifle, his with shotgun. Both are at the taxidermist. I also got a doe with my recurve and another doe with shotgun.

Like this thread,really interesting reading these posts from across this country and overseas. Our rifle hunts open in most of Idaho Oct.10 and ends the 24. We have no rut hunts except for a few limited draw hunts and some late archery hunts. We are allowed one antlered deer,one elk, and possibly some draw hunts for goat,moose,sheep,and antelope.
Keep the stories and pics coming. Hopefully I can add one, the snows on its way for the weekend.

DS11 got his first deer yesterday afternoon, on his very first hunt. Now DD13 says she wants to hunt too, lol! DH and I are going to have to take an entire day and butcher.....but that's a good problem to have, because there are seven of us and we do love our venison.

Next week is muzzleloader (with a concurrent season for bear) so if the weather cooperates we are back in the woods for at least a couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom