hunting

similar here, not 3 a day though!!

we get 10 does per season, 1 any ol buck and the second buck has to be 15 wide with 4 or more 1 inch points on at least one side

so 12 total per year. I usually do 2-3, that's all we can eat, and I can kill them if I cant eat them, just how I am.

oh, we aint supposed to have these, but look what ate my camera this past weekend

got 12 pics of him,

unfortunately

this was the last image my poor camera got to take

What is it with bears and cameras?
I know of 4 people who have had their game cams eaten by bear.
At least your camera got pics of the perpetrator.

deer in late Jan here yes. bow starts first weekend in Sept, gun the 3rd weekend in Oct threw 3rd in Jan I think it is. Then it's that aweful 2 month stretch til turkeys come in

like I said on the pigs though, year round!! 24-7
Hello from Louisiana. Glad to see some fellow hunters on BYC! Our season is very similar...bow starts October 1st, primitive weapon 3rd week October, gun end of October thru mid-January, finishes up at the end of January for bow. 6 deer season limit...3 bucks, 3 does. I've seen plenty of does so far this season, but their fawns are still pretty young so I've let them pass. Got a nice hog last Saturday, though!

We don't purchase meat from the grocery at all...eat what we catch or kill, and process all our own meat. Takes 6-7 deer and a hog or two to get the family through the year.

Hello from Louisiana. Glad to see some fellow hunters on BYC! Our season is very similar...bow starts October 1st, primitive weapon 3rd week October, gun end of October thru mid-January, finishes up at the end of January for bow. 6 deer season limit...3 bucks, 3 does. I've seen plenty of does so far this season, but their fawns are still pretty young so I've let them pass. Got a nice hog last Saturday, though!

We don't purchase meat from the grocery at all...eat what we catch or kill, and process all our own meat. Takes 6-7 deer and a hog or two to get the family through the year.
Same here. We live in area 5, but we have a hunting club in area 2. We hunt both. Very seldom do we ever buy meat at the grocery store. Between deer, hog, rabbit, squirrel, fish, dove, etc...and the chickens and quail we raise, and having a huge garden, we're pretty self-sufficient. We started processing our own meat 3 years ago, including making our own sausage. Saves us major bucks!!!

we get 10 does per season, 1 any ol buck and the second buck has to be 15 wide with 4 or more 1 inch points on at least one side

so 12 total per year. I usually do 2-3, that's all we can eat, and I can kill them if I cant eat them, just how I am.

oh, we aint supposed to have these, but look what ate my camera this past weekend

got 12 pics of him,

unfortunately

this was the last image my poor camera got to
Bears have been horrible at our club this year. They have been tearing up everyone's automatic feeders. Most members have taken their's down and gone back to using the pipe feeders, or just throwing corn out on the ground.

I went elk hunting a couple of weeks ago, hubby shot a young one on opening day of our LQ season. The two guys worked for an hour to pack it out on the cart. Our neighbor shot his the next day. It took almost two hours for that one.
I was hunting the valley with all the elk sign (read poop!), but never saw an elk. I did get stalked by a moose though. Coming nose to nose with a moose in the dense timber really gets your heart beating! I spotted him when I was about 15 feet from him, all I saw was an eye and an ear. We did a slaw tango as I tried to get around him without having to retreat into the beaver pond.
As hard as I tried, I could not change that moose into an elk! :p

Hi fellow hunters :)

I love to hunt too. My husband is more into archery and I am more into rifle but now I have a crossbow so I go archery a few times a year (I can NOT pull back a compound....don't get me started).

So far this year, no luck. Archery ends in a few weeks and then rifle will start, yay! We have 8 tags between the two of us. We fill our tags every year and usually have a couple bagged already but so far, this year has sucked. LOL. I hope to fill all 8. We will probably eat one and the rest will be used to feed my dogs. I hope you don't think that's wasteful though. I am a raw feeder and having a few in the freezer helps A LOT with feeding them raw everyday. Its a great, all natural, grass fed meat.

Good luck to everyone who is going out!

I don't either... refuse to. That's why I'm a bit jealous of you folks down south with more than one tag! When I don't fill my tag, it's a lean year for us.

got 12 pics of him,

unfortunately

this was the last image my poor camera got to take

You did not tell me you have bears down there i thought you have to only worry about hogs but bears too.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom