This hurricane came up quick. In Huntsville, AL, (middle of AL, near the top on a map), they have opened an agriculture exhibition site for evac livestock. They have a good amount of space. They ask that you bring water buckets and hay if possible. About 6 hour drive north from Pensacola.
Are you staying put or trying to get out of there?

I'm in north Alabama so, no, I'm staying put. We only look to get 1/2" of rain and some wind. I was just putting this out there for anyone else who may need the info.
Oh ok. Good luck. I hope you don't lose power. That is my least favorite thing with hurricanes. I am now convinced I will never flood during one so I will probably always stay put and tough it out.
I can't imagine having to relocated animals.
I hope this agriculture place is able to help many.:fl

Losing power is serious for us, my DH is on oxygen. We have a generator that uses gas or propane, so we're ok except that he's the one who can start the generator since I've never been able to do it. We have a neighbor who is also on Ox and her son comes around to do it, but only if he's not at work.

I can't imagine loading up the animals. I'd have to just open the gate for the chickens and put out plenty of food and water. We usually get tornadoes, so tend to have supplies. If you can't get out, that's the scary part.

Losing power is serious for us, my DH is on oxygen. We have a generator that uses gas or propane, so we're ok except that he's the one who can start the generator since I've never been able to do it. We have a neighbor who is also on Ox and her son comes around to do it, but only if he's not at work.

I can't imagine loading up the animals. I'd have to just open the gate for the chickens and put out plenty of food and water. We usually get tornadoes, so tend to have supplies. If you can't get out, that's the scary part.
I just saw that this thread was reactivated I live just north of Pensacola, and we were on the west side of the storm, so we stayed. The girls were out and about, except when it was really raining. The breezes weren't too bad, so we just had trash in the yard. No damage at all.

Back
Top Bottom