Pics

lilapot

Songster
6 Years
Mar 19, 2016
Houston, TX
Hi, I live in Houston, and Hurricane Harvey is heading our way. We are not evacuating, as we have pets, tenants, etc. I think we will be keeping the chickens in the bathroom, we don't wan't them blown away or anything. Do you have any advice on chickens and hurricanes? Topics such as: where to have them roost, eggs, boredom, and any other things you see fit.

Thank you in advance!:thumbsup

I haven't read back. I have no TV or internet right now. We lost power but it is back on for now. I was told my neighbor hood is on the news. The other side of my neighborhood is being rescued by boats right now. The water came up to my house last night but did not get in. I'll check back in when I can. Stay safe all

I need to read back.
I AM EXTREMELY EXCITED.
I am back online...my tv is now working again too.

I've gotta catch up on my local news then I will be back here to get my "job" caught up.

No water in my house still.
Power is still on.

Stay safe Texans/ and any other Harvey victims.

You were able to drive there?
Glad you're safe and getting out of the house.
:fl for TP!
Yes the road to the store coming from my direction was OK. The same road on the other side is under water. I got TP! There was not a lot of stuff in the store. Zero meat, bread, eggs and milk. Zero. They were announcing that truck loads are on the roads it's just a matter of time to get to my store

We have baked bread for the last four days. Out of flour. The store was out of bread, but they had flour. Showed the son and girlfriend how to. They baked two loaves last night and chocolate chip cookies. Baking pizza right now with homemade crust and fresh basil from the garden.

Homemade bread hot out of the oven, drenched in butter, honey dripping off the edge. Sweet tea.

Yep, we are starving... Send food.

We are still safe. They are continuing to evacuate the other side of my neighborhood by both boat and helicopters now. The rain slows then comes down really hard but so far the slowing down part is working to lower the water level so it doesn't get in my house. My MIL now has water chest deep in her home. We are staying put for now. If water starts to come indoors we will be rescued. I'll check in later. It's safest for us to stay put for now. Can someone tell the rain god's to quit already.

We are in New Orleans, where the street water pumps are mostly out of order right now, 2 weeks ago we had heavy rain and my backyard including my chicken roost area and run were a swamp. We will be preparing our 2nd floor laundry room, so that our hens can be housed there if necessary. If we get lots of rain for days there is a very good chance there will be flooding that will impact homes that are 3 to 5 feet off the ground. The city is offering bag-it-yourself sand bags, I am 60 years old and have lived here all my life. This is the first time in my lifetime that the city has provided sand bags. I would hope everyone in Harvey's path has considered how they are going to protect their flock, people who did not make plans for their animals protection were face with real tragedy during and after Katrina. It was really sad for the animals.

Back
Top Bottom