Pics
Sad but true. When I was at the grocery store people were all in line for food. It was well known that we were going to be hit by Harvey and the store shells were bare days before it hit...which I had expected...I have plenty of food. Thank god I'm not having to "fight" to feed my kids right now. The few days before the storm hit I was shocked to see what the people around me were sticking up on. I think a lot of people must live on fast food or eat out a lot.

In SC every time there was bad weather (hurricane, flood, snow) the stores sold out of milk and bread. If the power goes out there goes your milk... and the bread will mold. We joked people must like their milk sandwiches.

I always kept good stock of peanut butter, crackers, granola bars, proteins bars, canned salmon, other canned goods, and bottled water. Plus things like potatoes that can be cooked a multitude of ways.

Kiki's current complaints:
(In order of priority)
1. Internet
2. TV service for the news
3. The wet stinky nasty chicken coop/run.

That's it. Not too shabby for just surviving a historic flood event.

Now count your blessings. :p I'm still listing mine. The sunshine was gorgeous! Sight for sore eyes.

Lived in Sulphur for 13 years. Happy times! We might be related.

I knew I recognized you! Howdy neighbor. :frow I'm over near Kinder.

Kinder! We might be related, by marriage. Wife's family are in Lacassine. While her father was from Kinder. Small world, isn't it.

In SC every time there was bad weather (hurricane, flood, snow) the stores sold out of milk and bread. If the power goes out there goes your milk... and the bread will mold. We joked people must like their milk sandwiches.

I always kept good stock of peanut butter, crackers, granola bars, proteins bars, canned salmon, other canned goods, and bottled water. Plus things like potatoes that can be cooked a multitude of ways.

Vienna sausage. Always have a couple cases on hand. You can survive about 4 weeks on Vienna sausage. Then the men in the white coats come and take you away.

Now count your blessings. :p I'm still listing mine. The sunshine was gorgeous! Sight for sore eyes.

Lived in Sulphur for 13 years. Happy times! We might be related.

Kinder! We might be related, by marriage. Wife's family are in Lacassine. While her father was from Kinder. Small world, isn't it.

Not likely, I'm a transplant. Was born in Natchitoches, family is all in Oakdale/DeRidder or Many. I lived in Natchitoches then we never stayed anywhere long. I've lived here almost 7 years, it's the second longest. Shortest was Flippin, Arkansas. We only stayed there 9 months. I graduated from LATECH.

We have baked bread for the last four days. Out of flour. The store was out of bread, but they had flour. Showed the son and girlfriend how to. They baked two loaves last night and chocolate chip cookies. Baking pizza right now with homemade crust and fresh basil from the garden.

Homemade bread hot out of the oven, drenched in butter, honey dripping off the edge. Sweet tea.

Yep, we are starving... Send food.

My mom made a ham salad sandwich filling with grated Spam that I still make. Just like you'd make tuna salad with canned tuna. You can add pretty much anything to it. Goes great with crackers. Freezes well in the bread too.

Looks like gas will become expensive and even scarce for a while.

Hope y'all are keeping an eye on that chemical plant that's in danger of fire/explosion. Stay safe!

We have baked bread for the last four days. Out of flour. The store was out of bread, but they had flour. Showed the son and girlfriend how to. They baked two loaves last night and chocolate chip cookies. Baking pizza right now with homemade crust and fresh basil from the garden.

Homemade bread hot out of the oven, drenched in butter, honey dripping off the edge. Sweet tea.

Yep, we are starving... Send food.

My basil is out of control and all gone to flower.
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom