Hurricane Earl

If you're within a 100 miles of the coast you'd BETTER get your gas tanks topped off, now. If its not already too late. Its amazing how fast gasoline supplies dry up when one of these things is coming.
Just because you're not directly affected by weather doesn't mean you'll have gas. Those evacuating need it. And, if its like around here, they'll have every gas can they could carry with them to take gas home.

Quote:
Q town is inland, he will be fine.
smile.png

Steve

Thanks Steve! I was too tired to google. That was very kind.

Micah

Glad to help Micah.

Not much to do now but wait for us, this afternoon all we have to do is move the young peafowl and pheasants into the brooder barn and park the vehicles out in the field away from the trees. I'm hoping it tracks further off shore since we are right on the edge of the winds now. I hate night time storms since you can't see what's going on.

Steve

Quote:
From what our radio said this morning, Nantucket will be closer to the eye. They are adding additional car-carrying ferries to the ferry schedule today to help evacuate.

Quote:
I did that on my way to work this morning, for just the reasons you mentioned. Also got a prescription that was coming due. Don't know how long power outages can last...

Buff, I'll tie a bow on his you know what if he comes close enough.
smile.png
or better yet a kick in the you know what and send him out to sea!

If you happen to see any turkeys fly by grab them, they maybe some on mine.

Steve

Last edited:
Quote:
From what our radio said this morning, Nantucket will be closer to the eye. They are adding additional car-carrying ferries to the ferry schedule today to help evacuate.

Thanks ~ good to know they are adding extra ferries. She, like many MV residents actually keeps a car off island so she doesn't have to go to the expense of the car ferry each time they leave the island. This storm is going to hurt the economy there as this is the last big tourist weekend for them. She is a school teacher but her DH has a little shop that will take a hit.

I'm glad to see folks are getting prepared and hope everyone stays safe.
I'm pretty far inland in MA, but I'm off to clean up the yard and batton down the hatches just incase.
My thoughts are with everyone on the East coast. My advise is never trust weather men and prepare for the worst. Stay safe, be ready for the worst and hope for the best!

Back
Top Bottom