Hurricane Irene - Watch out East Coast

That looks bad, but at least no one is in the white!!!
th.gif

mom'sfolly :

Trade ya, Redhen...by the time the heat ends here we're going to have had at least 80 days over 100*.

Ugh.... i'll take my chances with Irene... My new friend.
lol.png

Gahhhhh - *sigh* I live in Springfield and really am so very tired of things hitting our town. On June 2nd it was tornados that took out downtown and several large area in my neighborhood. Then in July it was microbursts that did more damage on top of what was already done. The this months we've had just bizarre things, and now a hurricane. Thank goodness I can stick the chickens (I only have two until Friday!) back in their basement pen if need be. I am very thankful I tend to stock up on food. Praying for the folks who are getting hit first!

most likely the storm will lose its punch as it travels over land so by the time it reaches the northern part of the east coast it will be alot of rain and high wind gusts something we have been through before. just making sure you have water and ready to eat food and things to pacify the kids lest the power goes out and always keep your eye to the sky and move to safety as fast as possible in a timely matter but do it safely.

I know I'm pretty tired of it here for sure...

April we got the tornados, some went right through downtown Raleigh, but one hit in Holly Spring about 5 miles down the road from here. Then we got some summer thunderstorms that destroyed some historic homes here. Then the earthquake yesterday and the first of the hurricane season to hit this weekend. I'm throwing in the towel for sure!
barnie.gif

gig.gif
There's not a decent "cheap" loaf of bread left at our local wal-mart. Since I buy the Nature's Own Wheat Bread there was plenty of that left for me! Also, all the water is gone and so is the canned store brand ravoli. I'm sure there were more things missing off of the shelves, but I didn't make it down every isle. I was just picking up some basics in case we lose power. We camp, so we have a Coleman camp stove that takes gasoline, a propane cooker, a small generator, camp lanterns, etc. I didn't think we would have much use for some of that stuff, so I guess hubby deserves a hug for getting all that stuff I saw as clutter.

Back
Top Bottom