Hurricane prep, need advice

Yeah were good here. Gas, propane, food drinks. All clothes and dishes washed. Animal food. Paper plates and cups. Cash in various denominations and coin the same way (not a time to find out plastic dont work without internet or satellite) I start the generator every few weeks so its good. We're pretty used to prepping its pretty much a way of life here

@3KillerBs has the right of it. Take down anything you can that can act as a sail - tarps, loose pieces of plastic or metal roofing, etc. Stake down everything you can. Earth augurs work great - wire stakes do not.

View attachment 2812692

If you can't get these, you can wrap rope or steel cable around a cinder block, throw the block in a hole, and fill it back up with dirt - basically you are using the weight of the ground as a tie down.

Another good tie down option is a screw-type dog tie out:

Attachments

• Dog Tie Out.JPG
    Dog Tie Out.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 2
If you have generators make sure to fill up all the gas tanks on anything that has one and then fill up all your gas cans. Also make sure all of your propane tanks are full. Gas and propane will be hard to come by after the storm.
...and please, Please, PLEASE, do NOT run those bad-boys indoors. There's always a report of someone running their generator in the basement, or the garage, or worse, thinking that it's far enough away to avoid poisoning. We want to hear from all of you after this is over. Be safe! Prayers are winging southward as I write and throughout the next few days!

...and please, Please, PLEASE, do NOT run those bad-boys indoors. There's always a report of someone running their generator in the basement, or the garage, or worse, thinking that it's far enough away to avoid poisoning. We want to hear from all of you after this is over. Be safe! Prayers are winging southward as I write and throughout the next few days!
I had FEMA texting me not to do that this morning!

"Safety Third"

If, dear reader, you don't know of what I speak? Google "Mike Rowe" + "Safety Third". You won't be disappointed.

Headaches and difficulty concentrating. Early signs of CO/CO2 poisoning. Followed by blurred vision, impaired balance/dizziness, weakness, shortness of breath. If you are lucky, you will start vomitting, so you are certain there is something wrong, not a mere combination of stress and exhaustion.

Back
Top Bottom