hurt wing/foot

waff

In the Brooder
Oct 13, 2022
hello! waffles has either a hurt foot or a hurt wing. she has it down like its hurting her. in either cases, is their anything i can do to help her? i want to be prepared for what i have when i examine her tomorrow. thanks for your help. I haven’t tried to catch her yet but I got this photo of her wing. She’s not limping. (Her neck is fine) she’s telling me to leave her alone lol. -william
IMG_7944.jpeg
IMG_7944.jpeg

Last edited:
if the foot hurts too much to walk on it, they drop the wing down to balance themself as they try to walk.
if you have a helper it will be easier to examine her
check her feet top and bottom it might be bumblefoot
look at her legs too
have a helper hold her while you carefully stretch out the wing to examine it
take pictures of what you find that doesnt look normal
post them here and we do our best to help

if the foot hurts too much to walk on it, they drop the wing down to balance themself as they try to walk.
look at her legs too
thanks will do. -william

look at her legs too
Hi again! I’m a bit concerned now.. I caught waffles and there is no injury that I can spot. Her feet look fine, it’s just her wing is dropping down. I took some more pictures. Could this possibly be angel wing?

Attachments

• IMG_5235.jpeg
    IMG_5235.jpeg
    662.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5236.jpeg
    IMG_5236.jpeg
    437.8 KB · Views: 2
how old is she?
to me it does not look like angel wing because it's not twisting out and away from her body ,,
it is just drooped down.
how does she do in the pool? Does she flap and splash?
what is her diet?

let's see what @Miss Lydia thinks ❤️

With angel wing the wing sticks out like a hitch hikers thumb. It doesn't look like angel wing.

Could she have ran into something and sprained her wing?

how old is she?
to me it does not look like angel wing because it's not twisting out and away from her body ,,
it is just drooped down.
how does she do in the pool? Does she flap and splash?
what is her diet?

let's see what @Miss Lydia thinks ❤️
She’s is 6 years old. We got a permit to release her onto lake Wylie, South Carolina before we moved. It’s known as an animal sanctuary. She comes and goes as she pleases with her friends but she always sleeps on our porch until night where she gets put up in the coop. I’m relieved that there is a possibility of it not being angel wing. She is fine in the water, she bathes, eats and splashes like a normal duck would. We feed her cracked corn, purina duck chow, as well as some lettuce once in a while. She does fine eating and drinking.

Thank you very much for your help, it is much appreciated!

With angel wing the wing sticks out like a hitch hikers thumb. It doesn't look like angel wing.

Could she have ran into something and sprained her wing?
I’m very glad it is not angel wing. I was considering this as one of the worst possible options because she is free ranged.

I’m not sure if she ran into anything, it doesn’t seem likely though. But then again, I’m really not sure. Would you suggest I treat it as if it was sprained? Thanks for your help as well!

You could try wrapping for 2-3 days and see if it helps. You'll need to keep her from water while she is wrapped. Maybe she was flapping her wings and hit something. It's hard to know but if it's a sprain it will heal it just takes time.

You could try wrapping for 2-3 days and see if it helps. You'll need to keep her from water while she is wrapped. Maybe she was flapping her wings and hit something. It's hard to know but if it's a sprain it will heal it just takes time.
Will do. Thanks so much - william

Back
Top Bottom