Husband Builds Chicken Stuff!

lauralou

Crowing
16 Years
Dec 10, 2007
Central Virginia
My husband is wonderful!

This weekend I was working in the house and he was cleaning out the garage. He comes in and hands me this wooden thing, says "See, it's a feeder. The base is wider so they can stand on it and it won't turn over." Hmmm...ok, thanks. But what I really need is a container for oyster shell. So I draw him a picture and a few minutes later he returns with the oyster shell container. Cool! But he still has extra wood he wants to get rid of. So, he builds me a SWEET nesting box, and donates 3 golf balls to the cause.

And, he's getting used to the idea that I'm going to order 25 chicks and brood them in the house.

How's that for a good husband? (And he's HOT!)

Thats great! They sure can surprise ya sometimes hu?? Mine is drawing out the plans for another coop! This one will have 5 breeds pens...and will be 12 x 24ft. Woohoo!!

You guys are so lucky! My hubby sort of stands on the sideline and doesn't say a whole heck of a lot...except, "You're not getting any more chickens, right?" I guess I should count my blessings that he's not totally against them!!
lol.png

My hubby has alway said they were "all my chickens".

Well, MIL came out last Saturday morning (I was still asleep)
and he was showing her all the chickens and how much they have grown since she last seen them, and when they got to the BR pen, dh says "these are mine".
th.gif

MIL said she asked him several times, "WHAT?" and he repeated, "Yea, these are mine".
th.gif
ep.gif

I did get the BR's for him cause he liked some that a friend had, (and I figured he should have some that he liked after all the hard work in building my pens) BUT he has never admitted to anyone that he even liked them, much less claimed them as his own.
And now he goes out to check for eggs and he will fill waterers if they are real low.
And in spite of 54 chickens taking up most of our available space, he hasn't said anything about the 10 in the bator or about me ordering more next week.

OH YEA, WE HAVE ANOTHER CONVERT!!!

yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif

Wynette, HANG IN THERE HONEY, cause mine has had the same attitude until lately.
If mine can be converted, there's hope for yours yet.
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom