Husbands make you wonder... (a few pics)

LupineLass

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 3, 2009
Slowood
We recently moved (5mths ago) out onto a property and I decided a vege garden and some potted plants would be in order. But the rising cost of everything and the fact that husband now moves large quantities of high grade soil soon had me asking him to bring a little bit home from work.

4mths later (bear in mind I wanted enough for maybe 12 medium pots and a small vegetable bed).....

40515_03102009001.jpg

TADA!! Brought you a little bit of dirt home he says then proceeds to empty 8 tons of soil into the yard.

Now I don't own a wheelbarrow yet and I sure as heck don't have a mini digger or the like available to me so....

40515_05102009002.jpg

Here's how I am trying to move that soil to the areas I want it in. Started off well this morning, filled my handful of pots, shifted some into the garden beds I already had but that contained poor earth.

And four hours later...

40515_05102009003.jpg

I have a very very small dint in the pile.

Does anyone want to volunteer to help finish this spreading before he gets home in about 4hrs time?

I'm in Australia Tala think it might be too far to walk... how are you with swimming?

Meanwhile, it's so hot outside now that I fear I've done all I am going to do with it today.

I just hope he doesn't think I need a bit more. Maybe I should ask him to bring me some very very very small pots home from one of the nursery's he delivers too.

Wouldn't want to say a few big pots could I could end up with old tipper bins off the semi's or something.

whoo hooooo! that sure is one good pile of dirt! .... try to just do a small amount each day, it wil soon disappear......... and put a wheelbarrow on your Xmas pressie list pronto..... just thing of the rewards when those plants start to grow.....

I think most husbands are the same - mine manages to order, buy, gather way too much of anything we need!! He also builds everything on a grand scale including my brooder that is half a stable making it 6'x12'!!!

Be Thankful for a good thing!!!!

I get 12 yards of horse manure delivered to my yard twice a year. You would be suprised how fast I spread it out in the yard. My gardener tells all his clients that it is the reason that I have GREAT summer and winter veggie gardens and flowers that bloom all year.

Good Luck!!

Cindy

Back
Top Bottom