Huskies 🖤 anyone else?

I don’t know if this baby is a Husky but he’s close enough!
C6E17F35-ECD9-44B6-90E6-3395E5312420.jpeg
55A6A4D8-CE09-4C6A-8C65-40ABD809DD48.jpeg
B76A43BF-0678-444C-ACC2-61D280EBABB1.jpeg

This sweetie lives nearby. He has loving owners but I still want to take him all for myself! Look at that face 🥰

He is gorgeous!! Those eyes sound beautiful, I'd love to see a pic! That's great that you trained him, I think that's a plus of starting from a puppy too. What kinds of things did you do?
Our dogs can be around the chickens ONLY IF we are present to closely watch. Shadow is a lot better at ignoring the chickens than Stella but we still have to be on our toes.
Well since we got him as a puppy, it was easy bc he was raised around them. I taught him that the chickens are mine, not his... I did luck out though because he’s just easy going by nature. He does have a huge prey drive and is excellent at catching mice/squirrels; I’m not sure how he differentiates between chickens and prey. But I think the key is normalizing it as a puppy.one thing you could try is holding one of your chickens and petting the dog at the same time - almost like reinforcing that we’re all from the same pack.

Attachments

• 96F4BF1A-27E7-4B3F-9C10-3595F79110A8.jpeg
    96F4BF1A-27E7-4B3F-9C10-3595F79110A8.jpeg
    797.3 KB · Views: 3
My grandmother raised and showed huskies most of my life until I was in my 20s. We had a husky mix growing up, and they’re loving and sweet dogs, but I had enough getting up at 3 am to chase an escapee, er vet trips from swallowing anything they can get their jowls on etc. our family dog when I was young was a husky Doberman, ice blue eyes, short black and tan doby fur, crazy hyper like a husky lol.

Dealing with those huskies my whole life made me go polar opposite for my own dogs, I raise French bulldogs lol.

My husband and I got an English bulldog as our first, and when he passed I decided that I wouldn’t be able to carry an elderly bulldog up and down stairs when it’s too old to do it alone, and I’ll be in my 50s, so we decided to go with frenchies, but then we also got a big English bulldog, sharpei mix because I saw his sad situation on Craigslist, alone in a too small cage, no toys, just an empty bowl, his toes were all stretched and separated from living on wire because he got too big and the people couldn’t handle him. So I have a big dog now too, and his first action was to jump sideways off the stairs and he tore his acl at 4 months old, so guess what we had to do? Carry his chunky butt up and down steps for like 6 weeks lol.

@FloorCandy i love your username :love
do you know how to make an avatar?
Yeah, idk, I’ve just never been into changing avatars, making signatures, or any of that haha.

my username is thanks to my pug, she’s pushing 14 now, but in her prime she was constantly eating anything she could find, so it was always no Raisin, no floor candy, drop it!

Yeah, idk, I’ve just never been into changing avatars, making signatures, or any of that haha.

my username is thanks to my pug, she’s pushing 14 now, but in her prime she was constantly eating anything she could find, so it was always no Raisin, no floor candy, drop it!
Aww that’s cute 🥰

that’s alright, I just noticed you have been on BYC a while and I thought maybe you were having trouble figuring it out:thumbsup

(if you ever do change it, I recommend making it your pug!)

Wow, she sounds huge! But what a pretty mix, I bet.
I wonder if Shadow is a mix with malamute. He is 70lb, 10lb over and slightly taller than a typical male husky.

Mine was just a big fluffy thing, pretty much looked 50% husky 50% Akita.

I wouldn't be surprised if you boy had some Malamute in him, he has a bit of that look and is pretty hefty too.

I don’t know if this baby is a Husky but he’s close enough!
View attachment 2402473View attachment 2402474View attachment 2402475
This sweetie lives nearby. He has loving owners but I still want to take him all for myself! Look at that face 🥰
Oh. My. Goodness. He has the sweetest face!! So beautiful, definitely looks mixed. I can see why you'd wanna have him omgoodness. He almost looks like he has wolf in him.
Well since we got him as a puppy, it was easy bc he was raised around them. I taught him that the chickens are mine, not his... I did luck out though because he’s just easy going by nature. He does have a huge prey drive and is excellent at catching mice/squirrels; I’m not sure how he differentiates between chickens and prey. But I think the key is normalizing it as a puppy.one thing you could try is holding one of your chickens and petting the dog at the same time - almost like reinforcing that we’re all from the same pack.
I have tried holding the chickens and petting them by the dogs. I didn't know if it actually worked but that was my thought, maybe they'd see them as part of the pack. I keep hope with time and dedication they'll improve. I want to raise/train from a puppy; thinking in 5 years I should have more time on my hands to give it a go 🤞

That is a cute name, very creative! I got mine from a roller derby name generator 😂 and I don't even play roller derby.
Mine was just a big fluffy thing, pretty much looked 50% husky 50% Akita.

I wouldn't be surprised if you boy had some Malamute in him, he has a bit of that look and is pretty hefty too.
A few people have said he kind of looks like a malamute. He does gave a heftier body, and his fur is much thicker and fluffier. One of these days, when we can afford $100 on dog DNA test 🙄, we shall find out! Haha

Back
Top Bottom