I’m out of ideas. Please read.

In that last photo her back end looks very hunched which is usually an indication of them trying to lay a soft shelled/shell less egg which can be really hard on them or being egg bound which often prevents them from pooping solids and slows or stops the passage of waste through the digestive tract which backs up and causes slow crop. Have you given her a calcium supplement? If not I would try that.... a calcium injection might be better. It will help her muscles to contract as well as top up her shell gland. A warm Epsom Salts soak may also help her to relax and pass it if that is the problem. Is there any sign of her vent pulsing like she is straining? Have you done an internal exam for a stuck egg? ie gently inserted a lubricated gloved finger into her vent about an inch to feel for any obstruction. She may poop during or on removal of the offending finger so make sure to have her on an old towel or in a tote so you don't get covered :sick. She will probably feel better if she does manage to poop so it is worth trying that anyway and the lubricant and working your finger inside her may help to allow it to pass if that is her problem.
I haven’t done the finger exam but I did feel around her abdomen. I’m gonna give her a soak this afternoon and I’ll do the finger exam. I have some calcium supplements in liquid form but not shot form. I’ll try that also

Ok she’s definitely egg bound. I’m giving her a second epsom bath now. It feels like a hard shell. I didn’t push to hard though so just a guess. It’s right at the vent you can see the bulge but not the egg itself in the vent

AD83EE3E-21F6-4FF7-9E54-BCC01930198E.jpeg I was able to get her to drink a few gulps from my hand. I have this calcium but don’t know the dosage. I have a 3 ml syringe

I gave her a couple drops since I wasn’t sure of the dosage. I have found that it’s 1cc and I’ll give her more in a little while. I have lube her vent and put some preparation h in around the egg the best I can. I’m gonna let her rest for a bit longer then see if she’ll drink a few sips from my hand again and try and give her some nutri drench and more calcium and cross my fingers.

She still has not laid her egg. Her poop this morning at least had a little solid to it. I'm going to give her another bath and lube job. I'm alone and not sure I can give more calcium by myself. I don't want to lose her but I don't know how to get this egg out.

Is mineral oil safe to put into a vent? If it were me, I would probably try using a big 60cc dosing syringe and gently shooting some sort of lubricant in there... Now, don't quote me, because that may not be the right thing to do as I haven't really looked into eggbinding treatments, but it would be my first instinct.

Back
Top Bottom