I’m out of ideas. Please read.

doccaroo

Chirping
Mar 31, 2018
Quinlan, TX
My hen is a black austrolorp (sorry for spelling). She’s almost 23 weeks. She laid yesterday and was perfectly fine. Egg was normal size for her. This morning around 11 we found her laying in the shade and not acting right. She didn’t even care we picked her up. So brought her in and she still hasn’t ate drank or pooped all day. She’s just lethargic but her eyes don’t look bad. I’ve checked for mites, lice and an egg. Her vent looks good. She was wormed in may. It’s very hot but this morning it hadn’t gotten too hot yet. She free ranges and Purina layer feed. I’m going to try and see if she’ll eat some eggs. I don’t know what else to do. Ohh I gave her a couple of drops of nutri drench this morning.

From the look of that poop sample, I bet she has sour crop. It's very important that you check her crop tonight before dark, and check it again first thing in the morning. If her crop is full and spongy, you likely have a hen with a yeasty crop.

From her posture, she doesn't appear to be in pain, nor does it appear she is feeling seriously ill. She is off her feed because her crop is probably full, and she wouldn't necessarily feel hunger unless her crop was emptying.

From the look of that poop sample, I bet she has sour crop. It's very important that you check her crop tonight before dark, and check it again first thing in the morning. If her crop is full and spongy, you likely have a hen with a yeasty crop.

From her posture, she doesn't appear to be in pain, nor does it appear she is feeling seriously ill. She is off her feed because her crop is probably full, and she wouldn't necessarily feel hunger unless her crop was emptying.
I’ll check her crop for sure. I’ll see if I can smell anything also. I didn’t smell anything earlier but wasn’t thinking about a crop issue. Here is how she looks now though. Not good at all and is closing her eyes. She’s been drinking a lot since I put her with the others but I’m thinking I should bring her back in.

Ok she let me take a couple. She’s perked up just a bit. But still won’t have anything to do with food or water and no other poop.

A5528FA1-6546-467D-9BA3-BB8D20E9F560.jpeg 1A6D08FE-9CA4-40ED-A282-9B3A7E0F2B1D.jpeg B5CC58BE-A2CF-42C8-98C3-A0E0627E1E2F.jpeg F7F7A04B-7C88-41F1-85DE-FF8DA77C682C.jpeg F9222654-7621-4510-AF90-BA9380D01BE8.jpeg CECFCBD1-BAAE-4E38-9925-6B5F3C93A37A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom