I’m out of ideas. Please read.

From the look of that poop sample, I bet she has sour crop. It's very important that you check her crop tonight before dark, and check it again first thing in the morning. If her crop is full and spongy, you likely have a hen with a yeasty crop.

From her posture, she doesn't appear to be in pain, nor does it appear she is feeling seriously ill. She is off her feed because her crop is probably full, and she wouldn't necessarily feel hunger unless her crop was emptying.
I’ll check her crop for sure. I’ll see if I can smell anything also. I didn’t smell anything earlier but wasn’t thinking about a crop issue. Here is how she looks now though. Not good at all and is closing her eyes. She’s been drinking a lot since I put her with the others but I’m thinking I should bring her back in.

What is your location? I'm thinking maybe a combination of issues ... Heat being one since she's better inside than outside?
I’m in Texas. It is hot, but I’ve done everything imaginable for them. Here’s an updated photo. She’s also closing her eyes. F51404EE-D332-402F-AD43-AEBE4C7C5D60.jpeg

Right now out of 8 layers only 3 are laying the leg horns and the production red. All are moving more slowly as am I.

I would keep her inside for now and check poo, crop and make sure she eats and drinks for sure before putting her back out. I think this year is silly hot, but I am sure I said that last year also. From what you have said there really is nothing more for the heat you can do. I keep litter pans of water close for them to stand in in the shade. I wanted to put in an A/c unit in the coop. DH said no :(

Thank you for letting me know, thought I was getting senile :rolleyes:

Ok, tomorrow check her crop and see how if it's same or feels different. Maybe soft & squishy cause of all the water she drank being outside? Did you see her eat anything?
I never saw her eat. But I did co e in for about an hour or so to get ready for work tomorrow. She was walking around and hopped on her spot on the roost before I got her back in. I will check it again in the morning and check for foul breathe.

Back
Top Bottom