I’ve “Stalked” This Page For Years...’bout Time I Joined.

View attachment 1957029 View attachment 1957030 You could say I am “new” to BYC from an “official” stand point, but BYC is far from “new” to me! I have been the “creeper” peeking in through the windows of the internet, utilizing the the great wisdom passed down from BYC chicken enthusiast to another...shamefully, for YEARS. I am coming clean now, in my first, introductory. I hope that in the near future, I can atone for my “selfishness” by at LEAST giving back to this great community, some of the wisdom I have gleaned off of this site (and from “experience” ) for the last, many years. Here I will answer a few questions about myself:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Depends on what you consider “new” (sorry, that’s the wannabe “Sociology Major” in me speaking.) I’ve been incubating and raising flocks for over 5 years.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

= 2 in chicken math.
= IDK in human math.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Blue Cochins
Lavender Orpingtons
Silver-laced Polish
RIR
Buff Orpingtons
Serama
Ameraucanas
Black Australorps
Easter Eggers
Too many breeds to list...

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I LOVE their personalities. They are so entertaining to watch.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Horses, rescuing animals, raising 3 daughters, learning foreign languages & helping others in my community.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have a wonderful husband from Guatemala who LOVES animals like me , 3 beautiful daughters and 3 beautiful step-daughters (4 = teenagers right now ‍♀️ - Lawd have mercy), 5 rescue horses, 3 rescue ferrets, 8 rescue dogs, 4 rescue cats. You can say we like “rescuing things” and giving them a loving home.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I have known BYC ever since I bought my first high production reds through many Google searches asking questions that would lead to threads on here.

I finally joined because it’s about time to give back a little from all of the help this site has given to me! Love BYC!!!

~Rebekah
Welcome to BYC. Great, funny screen name and intro. Lots of wisdom to be gained here, but as a stalker, you know that already. Man oh man- 4 teenage daughters - there should be a support site for that!

Hi there..your answers to the questions were awesome and I see you’ll offer a lot of personality yourself to BYC! I also rescue animals..in fact..my feed store has my number up on the board and we get calls all the time..getting 7 Muscovies on Saturday...lol...I can’t wait to here more of your wisdom! And welcome...finally!!!

:lau I love it!!! The funny thing is that this is perfectly “normal” for us chicken parents, but when others see us they’re like :eek:...heehee

When the Sonic girl brought our food to our window, she nearly jumped when she realized that I had Grayson, my Lavender Orpington, on my lap. I told her that, he’d “been patiently waiting on his chicken tenders”. :lol: The carhop didn’t know how to take it. I look at my husband with :highfive: and lol! *PS The chicken tenders were for my daughter...Grayson was just along for the ride...and a Sonic tater tot or two. :lol:
:lau

:oops:
:lau I love it!!! The funny thing is that this is perfectly “normal” for us chicken parents, but when others see us they’re like :eek:...heehee

When the Sonic girl brought our food to our window, she nearly jumped when she realized that I had Grayson, my Lavender Orpington, on my lap. I told her that, he’d “been patiently waiting on his chicken tenders”. :lol: The carhop didn’t know how to take it. I look at my husband with :highfive: and lol! *PS The chicken tenders were for my daughter...Grayson was just along for the ride...and a Sonic tater tot or two. :lol:
I have not been brave enough to take a chicken into the house or car with me. My chickens are nasty poop machines, and I don’t see it ending well.

Back
Top Bottom